First, the choice. As you may know it’s been awhile since I officially weighed in. (For those that don’t know, I only track weigh in at Weight Watcher meetings and I still try to go weekly.) Keyword there, TRY. Yeah, I haven’t been trying to hard in the last few weeks. My schedule has been just so freakin’ crazy!
So today when I had the chance to leave work early I have a choice, gym or Weight Watchers. I chose the gym. I’m sot sure it was the right choice but I can tell you the mindset that got me there…
- I haven’t worked out since Sunday and I like to go 4 times a week if possible so I need to squish it in when I can.
- There was a class starting at the gym where I could get some cardio in. Anytime I can get cardio in with a class I like to take it as I don’t really like cardio and classes are fun.
- I’ve been eating a bit more recently and I don’t really want to see the scale. Making all the VitaMix contest entries has been very tempting and I’ve been succumbing to the temptation a little more then I should be.
- I’m out of the meeting groove. When I go now, I’m starting to feel out of place. I don’t have a regular meeting so I hop around and every time I go there are different leaders. Half the time I’m singled out to share my success and the other half I get this sinking feeling that people don’t think I belong there. I know it’s all in my head and I shouldn’t care but both situations are starting to feel a bit uncomfortable for me.
- Working out just seems like something better to do for my body then a meeting.
Now on to the confession that I hinted to above. I’ve been a bit, ummmm, well, ‘snacky’. It’s the only word to describe it. I’ve caught myself sneaking bites while making sandwiches, taking seconds a bit more and getting into the cycle of night time snacking again. I say this all as I am catching the behavior early (just the last two days). Tomorrow I’m committing to tracking a food journal and posting my menu. I think I need that accountability for a few days.