I’ve been thinking about those two words for the past couple of days. As I sit, still disgusted with myself after this weekend (and the chip incident tonight) I realized it’s March. Not only March but the end of March. That’s three months since I made my new years goals. Let’s do a little assessment.
- Get back to my personal goal of 140lbs
- Ok there is really no reason I haven’t reached this goal yet. It’s not unrealistic to lose 5 pounds in 3 months. Since working out I feel like I eat more (which I should be) but more out of control. Almost like my workouts give me some kind of unconscious permission to excessively snack. This needs to stop.
- Climb the inclined (hard level) rock wall at the gym
- I can do this! I tried once and failed but I KNOW I can do it. It’s going to take a lot of work and training but I’m up for the challenge.
- Do 1 Unassisted Pull Up
- This one scares me. I tried the other day at the gym and it’s really seems impossible but I’m going to keep on trying. A lot can change in 9 months, especially when you’re working out!
So back to these little words, can’t and haven’t. I caught myself saying I can’t do this a few times in the last few weeks. But that’s just not true. I can do it, I just haven’t yet. I need to drop the negative attitude and get back into my groove. I know I can, I have and I will. It’s that easy.
While doing my normal perusing of the internet (I should be catching up on my blog reading but instead I stumble – I’m addicted) I came across this awesome article on Over Coming Weight Loss BS. It’s a very straightforward look at losing weight and the author says something that concretes my post tonight…
Q. What really determines weight loss (or gain)?
A. Attitude, thinking, self-control, mind-set and ultimately, decisions.
There you have, the BIG secret to weight loss. It all comes down to attitude and that is why I write this blog. It helps me stay positive. So I’ll say it again, it’s not that I can’t reach these goals, I just haven’t yet.
|hard boiled egg||2|
|Ham & Cheese Spinach Salad with Tangy Mustard Dressing||7|
|yogurt & berries||2|
|1/2 of a Big Simple Chocolate Cupcake||2|
|whole wheat pasta with Homemade Sauce and 3 Turkey Meatballs||9|
|94% ff popcorn||4|
|Baked chips (way too many)||4|
|45 minute step class and ab work|