FOOD JOURNALS

Wonderful Weekend

It’s been awhile since I posted a Sensational Sunday and even though this weekend wasn’t my best on the food front I still like to recognize good days when I have them.

My weekend was jam packed! The husband and I got a movie in Friday night while the toddler hung out with his friends. Saturday started with a step class for me then on to family dancing at a local club. Today was even better with a bit of mommy time in the morning because both my boys, the husband AND the toddler slept in.  When will THAT happen again? So I took advantage and jammed out to my music, folded laundry and finished some nagging chores. Then we met up with my parents and niece for more toddler fun. Finally, before we headed home, we had dinner with a dear friend.

Seriously you can’t ask for a better weekend then that!

The only thing that was off was my eating. I splurged a bit but it’s over and I’m moving on.

How am I moving on? Well planning of course!

Tomorrow is my long day at work (9am to 10pm) and I already packed my lunch…

So all that and my omelet before I leave makes a pretty good day IF I can control the snacking when I get home! (notice I’m taking some advice from my snack post, I think you guys are right, I need more protein.)

Anyone else with “get you but in gear” plans tomorrow (today)?

kris

February 11, 2008

OMG! Roni thats like a 13 hr day! What is it that you do? I also slurged a bit this weekend…but I’m okay with it…its something that needs to be done once in a while…so we dont feel like we’re dieting right! Thats how I like to look at it….I eat healthy and workout regularly so that when I do want to slurge….I can! I hope you survive your long day tomorrow!

Christy

February 11, 2008

I think I had too many small splurges last week. They caught up with me at the scale this morning for my WI. I was +1…but since it is my TOM I was not too upset. I also went into major planning mode. I have gotten in the habit of planning out my menu in my blog. Then each day I go in and edit it to fit what I actually ate. This week I made stuffed peppers (with added tofu) for my lunch at work. I laid out chicken, salmon and then some whole wheat pasta for my dinners. I have also kicked up my workouts. Last week I did 2 nights of 60 minutes of cadio and another 40 minute night. (I slacked and only worked out 3 nights) This week I want 3 days of 60 minutes and then another day with at least 30 minutes. We are taking a mini vacation to Amsterdam this weekend so I am thinking I might get a lot of walking in too. I just have to avoid all of the yummy alcohol and food while we are gone.
    Whew! I talk too much :)

Roni

February 11, 2008

Kris – I teach at a community college but tomorrow I have a day and a night class plus office hours. I can’t complain though because tomorrow I have no classes.

Christy – No, I talk too much! LOL

Jenn

February 11, 2008

Hi Roni!
    I’m glad that you got to spend so much time with friends and family – that is the good stuff in life!!
    Good luck on your long day! I used to hate the days when I went non-stop in college, and I was only a student!

And I’m with you on the “get your butt in gear” plans! I didn’t track last week – and still had a loss – but I’m not going to continue having a lazy attitude. I’m back on track today! :)

watchinmyweight

February 11, 2008

I am getting my butt in gear!! I go back to work tomorrow night and do 12 hr shifts so I know how you feel! I am planning and cooking today so I will be better prepared for the week…and getting ideas off the “snack” post. That’s awesome you had such a good weekend to start your week off right!!

Katy

February 11, 2008

This week my plan of action is to do something activity wise everyday (even if it is 15 min of cardio). I love getting to do something everyday, it gives me so much energy!

Krista

February 11, 2008

Roni: Good luck on getting through the long day. I thought I worked a lot. Anyway, you look like you have some good plans for getting through it. That’s exactly what I’m getting my butt in gear to do as well. Planning. It just so happens that yesterday I heard someone say failure to plan will result in a plan to fail. It couldn’t be more accurate. Failure is not in the works for me this week but planning is.

Jenn & Ed

February 11, 2008

Made the balsalmic mustard chicken for dinner tonight…big hit…SO SO good!!!! Thanks as always for your site and fabulous recipes :)

Jenn

Anonymous

February 11, 2008

panrcrUnrelated sorta but how was Baby Loves Disco?

Roni

February 11, 2008

I made it! I’m home! :~)

AS for Baby loves Disco, it was OK. Neat idea but I don’t think they executed it right.