- Blog Topics
It’s Sunday isn’t it? That’s right, a Sensation Sunday!
I finally dragged my butt to a meeting. My schedule has been pretty tight the last few weeks and the meeting times weren’t jiving with my schedule. But that’s no excuse. I need to go. I like to go. So I’m making a commitment to go Sunday mornings before I hit the gym. That means getting up a but earlier but it’s worth it. I’m worth it.
I’m also worth my trips to the gym and boy am I LOVING the gym right now. I had a NSV (Non Scale Victory) today on the treadmill. First, I’ve graduated to jogging a bit. I’m not saying I’ll be running any marathons anytime soon but I’ve upped the intensity of my walking workouts and now I add a few minutes of jogging to the routine. It’s tough but I can feel my stamina increasing every time I try it. The first time I tried, I only lasted about 2 minutes. Today I did 2 – 4 minutes stretches. Not too shabby considering 3 months ago I could hardly walk for 5 minutes without wanting to blow my brains out of boredom. What happened in those 3 months? I changed my attitude around. Instead of considering exercise a chore I now realize it’s a my gift to myself and guess what? I’m worth it!
Back to the NSV (although I guess that’s one too!) while on that treadmill I happened to look down at my legs. I was wearing shorts and I noticed something, something quite shocking to me. My upper thighs were jiggling a lot less! I mean they was still jiggle there but behind the jiggle, I can see the definition of muscle. I CAN NOT BE-LIEVE IT there is muscle under there!My workouts are paying off!
All right, that was all the good news but I do have some bad. My eating has been a bit on the over indulgent side. Not out of control just a bit over points on the unhealthy stuff, fried chicken, chocolate chip cookies, chips, leftover Halloween candy. . I think this coupled with my lack of attending meetings is to blame on my small gain this week. What am I saying, of course it is! I updated my weight progress and if you look at this years chart, it’s a bit of incline. That’s a little scary for me especially considering the holidays coming up.
I feel like the eating thing is still a struggle and I’m sure it always will be. There are still times I feel a little out of control but I know what I need to do to and I know I’m worth it. So my question to you is…
Aren’t you worth it too?
Other quick news points I need to tell you…
- I’ve been working my butt of on my new food blog and I may be ready to go live soon. I have 2 new food ideas to post from this weekend but I may save them for the new blog if I can work out the last few bugs this week.
- I’ve posted a few times on my DietDetective blog and forgot to tell you.
- I had some friends over for a playdate/dinner tonight and made them my Roni’s Homemade sauce with Meat. I love cooking for other people. The funny thing is I never realize how “overly healthy” I try to cook until people start asking me questions about my food. Is this turkey sausage? You used pumpkin is this? It just makes me laugh as I assume everyone cooks like me. LOL
- I just want to give a shout out to my Aunt Helen and Uncle Al. Mom said you’ve been reading!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.