- Blog Topics
This produce pick isn’t some exotic find I’ve never tried before. It’s about our good old friend, the pumpkin. If you are anything like me, you’ve been using pumpkin for sometime, in pies, breads, maybe even chili. I have been trying to use it more since reading SuperFoods Rx but it took me until pumpkin season to realize I’m not limited to the canned brown mushy stuff.
So yesterday, I cut into a fresh pumpkin and for the first time I didn’t end up with jack-o-lantern! I’m not going to lie it was tough! But tough in a good way. Plus I had this site to help me and the toddler to keep me company. ;~)
Now you are suppose to ask, ‘Well, what did you do with this fresh pumpkin?’ That’s easy! Anything I wanted! First, I cut half of it into thick fry like chunks and baked them for my pumpkin fry test. Let me tell you they were good! Just as good as Delicata Steak Fries, just as good as Butternut Squash Fries, and just as good as Sweet Potato Fries. I think it goes without saying, if it’s a winter squash (or an orange potato) I will probably like it baked in long fry like pieces and dipped in ketchup. Hey, I may be weird but it’s better then the fries I used to eat all the time!
I also made my Turkey Pumpkin Skillet and have plans to trying a pumpkin apple soup recipe!
I can’t be the only one that’s tried fresh pumpkin. Have you? If so, how do you use it?
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.