- Blog Topics
It seems I have taken another small detour on my journey. I traveled “home” this weekend for my sister-in-laws bridal shower. Isn’t it funny how home will always be where your parents house is, even if you’ve relocated a state or two away? Anyway, I digress not really wanting to face my weekend overindulgences.
Traveling is tough. I feel the need to munch in long car rides, especially when I’m driving alone with the toddler. I’m bored, I’m tired and I’m stressed, so I eat. What a surprise. On my way up I bought a large bag of popcorn for the 3-hour ride. I figured it was better then chips, pretzels or even worse, fast food French fries! The bag was gone by the time I got there, most of it eaten during an hour-long traffic jam.
I always go home with good intentions to stay on plan. I don’t know what is it about being there that makes me go bonkers. Really, bonkers is the only way to describe it. This time I think my downfall was letting myself get too hungry before the shower. I new there would be a ton of JUNK there and I was right. So instead of having a sensible meal before hand I starved myself. BAD DESCISON. I ended up being around bad food with the “bottomless pit” feeling. I don’t think I need to say more but I will end with two words… cheesecake and truffles!
After the shower fiasco, I threw the weekend away. I just decided, I already messed up so I might as well splurge while I’m there. Why oh why does this mindset still take us over? At least I have it contained to weekends. I’m already ready to get back to “normal”.
Ahhh back to normal. Whatever that means!? My week is going to be challenging. I’m not prepared. I didn’t have time to grocery shop so I’m surviving off pantry items this week. To make it worse I’m out of all but one of my frozen leftovers for lunch. So to help prepare for the week I defrosted some “They don’t know what’s in there” Pizza Sauce, used the last of my whole wheat pasta, a can of peas, some beans and leftover ground turkey to make some kind of chili-ish healthy filling lunches for the week. If you haven’t noticed I’m not the biggest fan of traditional cold sandwich style lunches, especially for 12 hour work days.
I hope you all had better on plan weekends then I. The weekend was a blast! I just wish I ate a little better.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.