- Blog Topics
I thought I would take some time to write about my newfound hobby, working out.
I can’t stress enough how much I loathed working out in the past. I mean it, really, I hated it. Nothing gave me less pleasure them exercise. Nothing. Of course, I went through all the cycles of motivation and set unrealistic goals for myself in the past. I remember saying I would get up an hour early every morning and jog. I would do it once and then decide I had enough. I would get all gung ho, join a gym, waste the money and never go. I bought exercise equipment that became permanent fixtures and drying racks for my clothes.
Fast forward to today…
Tonight I went to the gym, brought my book, set the bike for 25 minutes, and when time ran out I actually kept going. After 30 minutes on the bike, I hit the nautilus machines and worked out my lower body. Then the wall, that large confidence-building monstrosity was calling my name. I attempt the inclined side, fell flat on my face, and then got back up to climb the easy side for practice (mark my words I WILL climb that incline and make it to the top to ring that stupid bell, it’s a personal goal). I left with my head held up high, my arms shaking and a sense of accomplishment.
So how did this happen? How does a self-proclaimed exercise hater become a gym rat?
The answer might surprise you.
Seriously, it’s a journey, just like dieting. You can’t expect to lose weight overnight. You can’t expect to change all of you eating habits overnight. And you can’t expect to change your views of exercise overnight. It’s just not possible. It takes small consistent changes that you can live with and incorporate into your life easily.
I started by making a commitment to shut off the TV on weekends and get outside. That soon turned to taking after dinner walks. I made my stay active “rules” like taking the stairs, parking far away and dancing with the toddler. Soon my dance sessions increased and my walks became more frequent. Then I started doing some organized exercise routines before bed using small hand weights. Finally, I joined the “Y” and now I’m at a point that can’t live without it. The gym is my escape, my time. Two years ago if you have told me that my free time would be spent at a gym I would have said you were crazy. I started my weight loss journey (this successful one, at least) June 2005, that is over 2 years ago and I just started going to the gym 6 weeks ago.
All right, I didn’t plan on such a long post tonight. I was inspired by my awesome work out tonight and I wanted to reflect. I still can’t believe I love the gym! I just can’t believe it!
|Morning Scale Reading: 144|
|Cheerios with 1/2 banana and 4 oz of skim milk||4|
|Kashi Granola Bar||2|
|bowl of stuff I made for lunches this week – whole wheat pasta, ground turkey , peas in "They don’t know what’s in there" Pizza Sauce (estimate)||5|
|small bag of popcorn||2|
|Crispy Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with a side of 1 Point All Purpose Veggie Filling and some brown rice||9|
|8oz light flavored yogurt||2|
|Daily Activity Log|
|30 minutes on the bike – lower body circuit – Climbed the WALL!|
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.