Does it happen to you? Do you go home to your parent’s house and eat differently? Maybe it’s a Grandparent thing?
Whatever it is it’s hard for me to stay on plan when I’m “home”. It’s not my parent’s fault. Well, maybe it is, they do have a lot of temptation around. ;~)
It’s more like I regress to my high school days or I know I’m only here for few days so I might as well live it up. Actually, this time, I think it’s just being out my routine. Wait, what am I saying? WHAT ROUTINE? My summer so far has been HECTIC. First, my web site blew up, then it was the Vegas trip, then I watched my niece, then the beach and now I’m at my Mom’s. I just want a week, a normal, on plan, plain old week at HOME. At this rate I can’t wait until the semester starts and I go back to work! At least I’ll have a schedule. I always do better on plan when I’m working.
I am really not feeling up to looking at my points. I just really don’t even want to know. I feel like I’ve been eating all day. And you know what it’s taking every fiber of my being not to grab another one of those friggin’ Hershey kisses!
So here is my running food journal. This is what jotted down during the day. I know I missed one thing. Note to self: Write it down IMMEDIATELY you will not remember.
- Leftover veggie chili from frozen
- Grape tomatoes
- Sandwich on a whole wheat roll with 1 slice of ham, 1 slice of turkey, 1/2 slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato, roasted peppers.
- More melon
Slice of sugar free pound cake
- Even more melon (ok so I have a problem – it could be worse ;~)
- 1/2 cheese stick and more Triscuits (The toddlers snack leftovers – bad habit)
- 1 Hershey kiss (yes really just one)
- Tilapia fillet with some zucchini6 more Hershey kisses (MAN I gave in – I just wanted something sweet)
What sucks is this is after my vacation disaster. I need to get back on track.