Sorry I left so abruptly. It was a crazy weekend getting ready for the beach. This was the first year we rented our own house so packing was a chore!
We had a BLAST! Here’s one of the few shots of me and the toddler on the beach. I’m the family photographer so pictures of me are pretty rare unless I hand the camera to the husband and say "take a picture of THIS".
I have to admit, I look pretty slender. I actually sat pretty comfortably on the beach in a bikini. That’s right… a BIKINI. Mid drift an all exposed. I’m far from perfect but confidence is a wonderful thing. The funny thing is I already feel like I gained 25lbs. I know I’m exaggerating but a week of pizza, cheese steaks, french fries and ice cream can do that to you.
I can’t wait to get back to my normal eating habits and routine. Looking back at the week there are a few pros and cons.
- I splurged a bit too much
- Could have made better food choices
- I ate just because food was there, not because I was hungry
- If I eat another slice of pizza I’ll turn into one, I swear!
- I walked about a bazillion miles, even going for an hour long walk on the beach
- I could have eaten MUCH WORSE and MUCH MORE
- I kept my breakfasts healthy… yogurt, high fiber cereal, etc.
- I feel like I got the bad eating out of my system for awhile – I just feel crappy
Tomorrow I’m all about routine. I WILL weigh in at home even though I don’t want to face it and I WILL post my menu tomorrow night. I had fun but MAN, it’s great to be back!
oh! and I missed you guys! I really did! ;~)