144.5…

144.5

Originally posted on June 20th, 2007 10:24 pm

That was the number on the scale this morning. This is getting out of hand.  I don’t want to insult those trying to lose weight, I know that’s a low number BUT it’s almost 10 pounds from where I’ve been and I feel as if I’m losing control.

So how do I do it? How do I get it back?

First, let me tell you what has been happening. Every morning I wake up ready to go.  I’ve been skipping breakfast because I don’t feel hungry (bad idea).  Then I will eat a great light lunch, have a few low point snacks, make a great healthy dinner and then SNACK LIKE CRAZY!! It’s REALLY bad.

So here are my commitments, writing them out on the web has helped before so why not go with what works.

Weigh in every morning and record it.
I know not everyone agrees with this but while I was losing the 70 lbs I weighed in every day.  It helped me stay accountable and taught me a lot about how my body reacts to certain foods.
Plan and Journal EVERYTHING I put into my mouth.
I’m pretty good at this but my skills have been slipping. I want to do it until I’m back in my comfort zone for at least 3-4 weeks. Then I will ease up a bit.  The bad thing is I’ll be on vacation next week so this will be tough. I may just count total points those days and record them in my phone or something.
Get some form of activity in DAILY
Even if it’s just a stroll with the family.  I must make an effort to get up and MOVE!

There you have it, my new working goals. I’m making a commitment right now! No looking back.

However, to prevent the massive amounts of spam I was receiving I have turned off comments on any post older than 5 days old. If you'd like to leave me a note regarding this post or anything really try me on twitter (@RoniNoone,) my Facebook page, or even IG (@RoniNoone) I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. I never thought I'd have to do this but it's gotten way out of hand and comment management has become simply too time consuming to manage.

There are 1 comments so far.

Roni

July 8, 2007

9 Original Responses to “144.5 . . .”

on 20 Jun 2007 at 10:30 pm1 Michelle

That’s a great plan Roni! I’m sure it will come back off again and you can regain control. Thanks for being so open and sharing many of the same struggles all of us have keeping weight off. Have a great on-plan day tomorrow.
    on 20 Jun 2007 at 11:06 pm2 reinventmyself

Great attitude Roni. You have all of the tools you just need to be aware. Half the battle is understanding the specifics of what makes you successful (and unsuccessful) and conquering.
    on 20 Jun 2007 at 11:08 pm3 reinventmyself

By the way… :) although I know this is irrelevant, because this is about your goals and comfort zone. But I would *love* to be 144.5. ;) I am just saying that you are at a weight that you can readily manage back down to your goal.
    on 20 Jun 2007 at 11:21 pm4 bepost

I have idea as mom for activity for you. My husband and I brought a bicycle trailer for back of my husband’s bike. My daughter (3 yrs) loves riding in the trailer and I get some exercise while having family time. Good luck!
    on 20 Jun 2007 at 11:32 pm5 Laura

Roni, I KNOW you can do it. You are such a wonderful inspiration to us all!! You can get over this hump!!!
    on 20 Jun 2007 at 11:59 pm6 lainb

“I don’t want to insult those trying to lose weight”…..

It bothers me to think that some people would be insulted by another person’s weight. As you know, someone weighing 240 lb. has to go through the same PROCESS as someone weighing 144 lb. I don’t like assumptions in general, but particularly about other people’s weight — e.g. 144 could be SUPER high for one person, but the ultimate GOAL weight for another. Regardless, it’s all about where we feel personally comfortable…we’re all in this together, no matter our starting or goal weights. (come to think of it, I think I actually wrote a post about this a while ago).

You’ve got a great plan…I know journaling really helps me too!
    on 21 Jun 2007 at 12:41 am7 Gingerbear

Hi Roni,

I do the same thing you do, stay on plan all day until after dinner, and then I just shovel it in. I am trying to find a different routine for my evenings ie. folding laundry, walk with the family, just something to fill the void, instead of food.

Good luck,and thanks for all of the inspiration.
    on 21 Jun 2007 at 1:20 am8 Laura Brandon

Tag, you’re it! Read my blog if you want to play!
    on 21 Jun 2007 at 1:31 am9 Storme

Roni,
    As they say ‘If you fall off the wagon just pick yourself up and climb back on’ forget yesterday and concentrate on todays goals. Good Luck!