Orginally Posted on May 29th, 2007 2:04 pm

I forgot to share this before the holiday weekend but hey, we still have all summer right?!

I’m a big fan of grilling, it gives my kitchen a break in the summer. Believe me my kitchen NEEDS a break. Anyway, when I grill I want to grill everything. I don’t want some stuff on the stove and some in the microwave, I want it ALL on the grill.

Vegetable Grill TricksSo I buy one of those disposable aluminum cake pans from the grocery store, they usually come in packs of two. I use them for all the small stuff that you cannot “normally grill” like here I have some sweet onion and sugar snap peas. I simple spray with a bit of olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Afterward I wipe it down or if I have room, I’ll through it on the top rack in the dishwasher. I’ll get at least a few weeks of use out of just one.

I also (although not pictured) have been known to open a can of baked beans and throw it on the grill as is. Hey, the can is like a mini pot! If I want to add some more ingredients, I’ll put the beans in a disposable bread pan. Whatever works!

Tagged with:

• Roni

6 Original Responses to “Vegetable Grill Tricks”

on 29 May 2007 at 3:40 pm1 Teresa

I just really want to thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this site and to the whole WeightWatchen blog community. You are the reason I am doing so well!!
    Thank you just doesn’t seem like enough!
    on 29 May 2007 at 6:58 pm2 Deborah

“Ditto” what Miss Teresa said :o) I appreciate all the recipes, tips and ideas you have here!! YOU are a blessing, my dear!! Hugs –}–}–@
    on 29 May 2007 at 9:06 pm3 roni

@Teresa – It is!! believe me it almost beings a tear to my eye every time I get a comment or email like yours! I really appreciate it.
    on 05 Jun 2007 at 8:15 pm4 Kelly

Ronnie,

I have been reading your blog since I joined WW over a year ago. I just grilled up some veggies on the grill using your trick and I have to tell you I LOVE IT! I will be grilling veggies a lot now! Thanks for the info!

Kelly
    on 09 Jun 2007 at 12:37 pm5 Eileen

Ronnie,
    Your story is inspiring. And I can sure use some inspiration!
    I lost 58 lbs. on Weight Watchers 2-3 years ago. (it actually took me a year to lose) I was 2 lbs. from goal and just couldn’t seem to get over that hump. Then I started a new job in May ‘05 and everything just went to hell. I am now just 7 lbs from where I started at WW 3 years ago. And I am gaining about a lb. a week lately. I just couldn’t stand writing everything down constantly and looking up everything in the points book every time I wanted to eat. It just seems that WW made me more obsessed with food than I ever was on my own. Did you ever experience this or anyone who reads your blogs? I really need help NOW. I just can’t stand the thought of going back to WW. And I am no spring chicken……..the time is now! Any one have any ideas???
    Thanks!
    on 19 Jun 2007 at 11:09 am6 Gine

Eileen,

Maybe you should try the Core plan that WW offers now. For me, being accountable for what I put in my mouth is best and I can’t lose a pound unless I journal but my mother is just the opposite. She doesn’t like the task of journaling so she uses the core plan and it works really well. It’s just a list of foods that you eat until you are full but not stuffed and best of all no counting. Give it a whirl. I think the support offered at the meetings is worth going and you might find that the core plan is just what you were looking for.

• Anonymous

I am 26 and a single mom on the go. My sister that is many miles apart we get on your site often to get great tips and we share these with the others on WW. Thank you so much for your blogs,and cooking tips. ldybug

• Roni

ldybug – You are so welcome! Glad to Help!

• Pingback: BBQ Menu | Roni’s Weigh

• Pingback: Grilled Ham Steaks with Sweet Potatoes | GreenLiteBites

• http://www.grillguide101.com/basics-grilling.html William

Thanks for the awesome post, it helped me out a lot.

BlogToLose

A Community of Weight Loss Bloggers. We are here to support, cheer on, pick up and reach our goals together! Join Us!
Check out Roni's Other Sites... Just Roni | GreenLiteBites | The Unworldly Travelers | FitBloggin' | BlogToLose | SkinnyMinnyMedia