- Blog Topics
If you are anything like me you LOVE cheesy quesadillas. You would think now that your are trying to lose weight you can’t enjoy their cheesy goodness! Well you are wrong!! (I know that sounds corny but it just came out of me that way)
With a couple of healthy tortillas (or even one folded over on itself you can create crunchy restaurant style quesadillas filled will all healthy low point fillings, like fat-free refried beans, diced peppers, an ounce of low fat cheese, diced tomatoes, anything you want really.
Here’s the deal… put your quesadilla in a non-stick frying pan. Fill a pot of water just big enough to fit inside the frying pan and place it on top of your quesadilla. I work over medium heat as to give the center enough times to get warm without burning the outside of the tortilla, usually about 2 minutes. Then flip and place the pot of water on top for about another two minutes.
That’s it! Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.
UPDATE:For a demo of this trick check out Simple Quesadillas – Video Post on GreenLiteBites
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.