June-August 2006 Archives

These posts are from my old old site

Just a Day – August 31, 2006

Well today was just a pretty normal day. Nothing special happened. I went to work. Went out for lunch. Ummmm that’s about it. I splurged a little this evening on tortillas and bean dip, it’s once of my all time favorites. I do feel like I ate a lot but but wise I’m pretty good for maintenance.

all bran bar 2
100 cal pack 2
Panda Express bowl with double veggies, chicken with green beans and no rice 5
2 spring rolls 3
Smart Ones frozen meal 2
100 cal pack 2
Salad with oil dressing 1
3oz pork loin with steamed carrots whole wheat noodles 7
Baked Nacho’s with black bean dip 6
Total Points 30

Fast Food Splurge – August 30, 2006

I treated myself to a Chick-fil-A value meal on my way to donate blood this afternoon. Normally I replace the fries with fruit for a great 6 point lunch! But today I figured I’d splurge and stick with the fries. I’ve been eating pretty good the last few days and haven’t used many weekly points.

I was suppose to weigh in this morning but I ran out of time. I’m not sure when I will get to the meeting, at this point I’m thinking Saturday.

Tomorrow is my early day at work so I’m off to plan lunch.

Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control 3
plum 1
Whole Wheat Pretzels 3
Lean Pocket 5
Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken value meal with a water 13
Grilled Turkey Breast 5
Broccoli 0
Baked sweet potato 3
Sugar Free Pudding and Strawberries 2
Total Points 35

Leftover Galore – August 29, 2006

It was just the baby and I for dinner tonight so I was able to make whatever I wanted. The little guy had grilled cheese on whole wheat with green beans and fruit. I had leftovers galore! My leftover veggie filling, leftover lean taco meat and leftover beans on top of a Damascus Whole Wheat Roll-Up added an ounce of cheese and baked it like a pizza. It was delicious! Weighing in at only 7 points it was a HUGE healthy meal.

granola bar 2
DANNON® Light ‘n Fit® 1
Turkey Meatloaf with noodles and broccoli (froze from a couple of weeks ago) 6
Carrot Sticks 1
leftover mania ;) 7
watermelon 1
Quaker Barbecue Soy Crisps with black bean dip (2 servings) 5
Triscuits and Laughing Cow light cheese 4
Total Points 26

Comment from Lucy on 8/30/2006 9:58:37 AM

I love your site. I’ve joined WW and I’m on my way too. My favorite is the camparison pictures and progress pics. You haven’t posted a pic since week 42, would like to see some maintenance ones. Your progression in jeans REALLY motivated me. I’m 5’9 as well and I started at 179lbs and now I’m at 169lbs and I needed all new clothes. I always felt that 150 should be my target but once I saw your progress I’m starting to think that at my height 140 is a possibility. Seeing that you look so healthy helps me visualize my potential. I’m going to start taking pictures too! Thank you for sharing, Lucy

Comment from Cherie on 8/30/2006 7:33:53 PM

I too love your site but you confuse me…I see that you list carrots as 1 point…are they cooked because I thought raw carrots were no points? Just curious.

Comment from Roni on 8/30/2006 7:57:09 PM

As for the carrots I follow the nutritional info on the bag. I always err on the side of caution. :)

Plus I eat a TON of them.

Pre-Plan Work Days – August 28, 2006

In a strange way I’m happy to be back at work. I now get to pre-plan my lunch and snacks again. I gather everything the night before and jot down the points values. Then I know how many points I have left for dinner and evening snacks. For a normal day, I usually bring one larger meal, like a Sandwich or a Smart Ones, and then 2-3 snacks. This was I get to munch all day and I LOVE that. :)

I’m off to plan, I have an early day tomorrow.

Bowl of Cheerios with 1/2 cup 1% milk and strawberries 3
Smart Ones Frozen Meal 5
Peach 1
Carrot Sticks 1
100 Cal Pack 2
Granola Bar 2
3 Tacos (90% lean ground beef, beans, cheese, tomatoes, spinach leaves and salsa) 10
watermelon 1
DANNON® Light ‘n Fit® 1
Total Points 26

Back to Track – August 27, 2006

I have so much to tell you guys. I weighed in on friday, found a couple of new products and tried a new vegetable! Let’s start with my weigh in. I was up 1.4 pounds on Friday. I expected it. No tracking, real busy and eating out a lot will do it to you every time.

The new vegetable I tried was a Golden Patty Pan Squash. I was on a hunt for zucchini so I could make my vegetable filling and the farm stand was all out. The women behind the counter then proceeded to tell me about the Patty Pan squash and how good it was. I never heard of it before. Actually, I never even gave it a second look. Well it’s delicious, it works very well as a zucchini substitute. Actually I couldn’t really tell the difference, I would say it was slightly less "zucchini like" but with the same texture. I realize that makes little or no sense but if you try them you’ll see what I mean.

Moving on to the new products, a delicious tortilla alternative, spring rolls and a great new crunchy snack! I posted them in the food finds section, but as you can see by my food journal, I ate them all today!

Thanks so much for all the email’s guys! I love hearing from you.

watermelon 1
Damascus Whole Wheat Roll-Up with veggie filling, 1/2 oz moz cheese, lettuce, and salsa 4
Quaker Multigrain Cinnamon Toast Cakes 2
Subway Veggie wrap 4
BAKED! LAY’S KC MASTERPIECE® BBQ Flavor Potato Crisps 2
Quaker Barbecue Soy Crisps with black bean dip 3
Corn on the cob 1
Health is Wealth Vegan Vegetable Spring Rolls 1
Noodles 4
Quaker Soy Crisps 2
watermelon 1
Total Points 25

Comment from Jennifer on 8/28/2006 9:36:08 AM

Thanks for all the tips! I love your site!

Comment from yaasel on 9/18/2006 2:12:20 AM

Comment from steroid on 11/3/2006 2:44:06 AM

Disastrous Weekend – August 20, 2006

I don’t even want to talk about it, brownies, beef BBQ, french fries, hot fudge sundays. Oh it was BAD! It wasn’t like I devoured everything in site with complete disregard, I watched portions but I did go a little overboard. I think I may take a break from tracking this week to see how I manage. My work schedule is crazy and I have meetings most of the week. Next week my semester starts as school (I teach) so I will have a set schedule and it will be much easier to prepare my meals and track points. If you guys want I’ll start posting my daily menu again then.

Comment from Christy on 8/20/2006 9:02:54 PM

Hi! I just discovered your site today. I am also a teacher and this is a stressful time of year……. Thanks for the site and you are AWESOME

Comment from Christy on 8/20/2006 9:02:56 PM

Comment from Christy on 8/20/2006 9:02:56 PM

Comment from Karen on 8/21/2006 4:01:39 PM

Comment from Karen on 8/21/2006 4:03:00 PM

Hi,
I just wanted to say that your story is very inspiring. I just had my baby in March. So I am working on getting all my baby weight off. I loved your progress pics. I am doing the same thing. Keep up the great work and it’s great to see your updates!
Thanks!

Comment from Karen on 8/21/2006 4:03:00 PM

Hi,
Thanks!

Comment from Kathi on 8/21/2006 6:29:52 PM

Love your site! I hope you are back to posting soon, I have enjoyed the inspiration. Have a great week!

Comment from Cora on 8/21/2006 8:03:46 PM

Just found your site tonight. It’s fantastic! Congrats on an excellent job. I would love to see your menus, I’m just starting back to WW after a long hiatus. :-)

Comment from Joy Janke on 8/22/2006 12:41:43 PM

That would be awesome! I just found you web site and I’m so excited!

Comment from Meredith on 8/22/2006 5:53:28 PM

I found your site last week when I started WW on my own. It has been a lifesaver and so inspriational. Thanks for your hard work on this site- I am hoping that this time I will be successful.

August 17, 2006

Not a bad day but I felt like it was. I almost didn’t post because I didn’t do a good job tracking. This is what I could remember. I hate days when I don’t plan.

8oz Yogurt 2
All Bran Bar 2
Whole Grain Pretzels 4
Slice of Pizza 5
100 cal pack 2
Baked Chicken Nuggets 7
Corn and grilled veggies 2
Fit & Active fruit Pop 1
Total Points 25

60th Weigh In?!? – August 16, 2006

WOW I can’t believe this is my 60th week on plan! I was down a pound this week and was a little surprised. I ate a big lunch a few hours before. I had 2 slices of pizza an a small piece of cake at on office party. Then I rushed to the WW meeting an picked Chick-fil-a up for dinner on my way home. I have a feeling tomorrow is not going to be much better. I have a meeting in the middle of the day and I won’t be able to bring lunch. I always do better on days when I’m either at home or I bring my food for the day. I guess we’ll see.

Light English Muffin with 1tbsp Almond Butter and Jelly 4
Carrots 1
Quaker Multigrain Cinnamon Toast Cakes 1
2 slices of Dominos Pizza 12
sliver of cake 3
Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Sandwich 5
Fries 5
Bing Cherries 1
Total Points 32

I Do This – August 15, 2006

According to Real Age

Eat Up to Slim Down If you’re trying to lose weight, for heaven’s sake don’t starve. Instead, change what — not how much — you eat, so you walk away from a meal feeling full, not frustrated. Instead of a big bowl of spicy chili, have an equally big bowl of zesty gazpacho; instead of a wedge of berry pie, have a whole pint of juicy strawberries. In other words, cut calories and fat, not portions. It works, say scientists.

If you haven’t noticed, I do this. I eat a TON of food but it’s usually low in points. I think that’s one of the reasons I found success this time. I like to eat too much and I learned how to have it work for me. (She’s says while popping popcorn at the end of the day) — ;)

Light English Muffin with 1tbsp Almond Butter and Jelly 4
Smart Ones 6
Carrot sticks 1
8 oz Yogurt 2
3 Tacos with Pinto Beans, veggie filling, romaine lettuce, 1 oz moz cheese, salsa 7
Bing Cherries 1
A crap load of Strawberries 1
100 cal Popcorn 1
Total Points 23

First Day Back… – August 14, 2006

…to work. I packed a lot of snacks and ate them all. At least I didn’t hit the cafeteria, the only good they have is pizza. I’ve been preparing though. The other day I made turkey meatloaf. It was way too big so I took the leftovers a froze them in individual servings. Then I just brought one to work and popped it in the microwave. Viola! TV dinner without the added sodium. Don’t worry, tomorrow I will be bringing a Smart Ones. ;)

Bowl of Cheerios with 4oz 1% milk 3
Quaker Rice Cake (chocolate) 1
Peach 1
Turkey Meatloaf with noodles and broccoli (froze from a couple of weeks ago) 6
100 cal pack 2
Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast 5
Baked sweet potato 3
Ear of Corn 1
Watermelon 1
100 cal popcorn 1
WW Ice Cream 2
Total Points 26

I’m Baaaack! – August 13, 2006

My beach vacation was a blast! I actually came back Friday but I needed the weekend to get organized. While I was there I finally tried Cold Stone Creamery. I heard horror stories about this place, well now I can see why. My friends and I split a small Cheesecake fantasy! OMG it was too much, too creamy and just too good! Thankfully the small was small and the three of us split it, so it was a controlled splurge. Really that was all I needed. It hit the spot. I also splurged on quite a few beers. But hey, you are only out with the girls once a year where you don’t have to wake up with the baby the next morning. You have to take advantage of that situation! I will probably be able to weigh-in Wednesday so we’ll see the damage then.

Changing gears a little, today was the 2 month anniversary of my tummy tuck. I posted pictures so you can see my progression.

As promised here is my tracker for today.

WW Yogurt with freeze dried strawberries 2
La Tortilla Factory – Low-Carb/Low Fat Large Size with veggie filling, 1/2 oz moz cheese, lettuce, and salsa 2
Watermelon 1
Whole Grain Pretzels 3
Cheese Quesadilla with salsa (1 oz moz cheese & Tomatoes) 4
Shrimp with cocktail sauce 3
Grilled Tilapia with Brown Rice and Broccoli 7
Watermelon 1
WW Ice Cream 2
Total Points 25

Success! – August 8, 2006

My week of Tracking was a success! I wasn’t militant, but I did keep tabs on what I was eating and as a reward I was down .4 this week. I didn’t want to loose more then that I just wanted to see the upward trend broken.

I did get a little creative today and added a new recipe for Spinach and Black Bean Quesadillas. I was craving something I could dip in salsa and this hit the spot.

I’m off to the beach tomorrow for my final vacation before returning to work next week. For those of you who don’t know I teach at a local community college and my summer break is coming to an end. :( So I will not be updating for a few days. I have to admit I will miss doing my online tracker, it’s been fun. I’ll start again when I get back.

Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control 3
Cantaloupe 1
Spinach and Black Bean Quesadillas 4
Bakes Tortillas (went a little nuts) 6
Turkey burger on a light English Muffin with spinach, tomatoes, and pickles. 3
Grilled zucchini with olive oil 2
Watermelon & Cantaloupe 2
Total Points 21

Comment from Rozie on 8/9/2006 7:46:22 PM

Just like April I found ur site about a wk ago googling a point calculator.. I just love ur site it’s great motivation. i was wondering if u can post a new pic of ur belly after I meet my goal I want to get a tummy tuck but am very scared of what the scar will look like. thanks

Comment from Elizabeth on 8/9/2006 11:32:35 PM

You are always so inspiring!!

So Hungry! – August 7, 2006

I don’t know what’s up with me today but I am STARVING! Right now as I type this I already have eaten 25 points and all I can think about is what I want next. I’m going to the movies tonight and I don’t think I will be able to refuse popcorn. Of course tomorrow is weigh in and I’m so nervous. I just don’t want a gain and I think I’m going to see one. I’m really bloated today and just feel… well… big. You know when you are just having one of those "big" days. Well, I’m having one. :(

Food Points
Homemade pizza with Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza crust, moz cheese, spinach leaves, zucchini and turkey pepperoni 12
La Tortilla Factory – Low-Carb/Low Fat Large Size with veggie filling, 1/2 oz moz cheese, spinach leaves, and salsa 2
Yogurt with Blueberries 2
Fit & Active Rice Cake snacks 2
2 tacos (1 point tortillas, 2 oz lean beef, 1/2 oz moz cheese, fresh tomatoes, spinach leaves and salsa) 5
Bakes Tortillas 2
Popcorn??? ?
Total Points 25

Comment from April on 8/8/2006 4:41:11 PM

Roni,
Thank you for your inspiration today. I need it! I stumbled across your site while looking for a points calculator. My highest weight was 199, and I am also 5’9”. We even look alike! Lately I’ve been gaining and am finding it very hard to stay “on program.” My goal is to get to 180. I got to 184 and have been struggling since, but your story is helping me to pick myself up, dust myself off, and renew my focus!

Busy Sunday – August 6, 2006

What a busy day. Bill and I did some landscaping in the yard, we hit Aldi’s and took the little guy for a walk. Thankfully we didn’t eat out so I was able to keep the points low.

I also tried some Whole wheat pizza dough from Traders Joe’s and it was WONDERFUL. Only 2 points a serving and very easy to use. I will have to stock up on some next time I go shopping.

Food Points
Homemade pizza with Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza crust, moz cheese, spinach leaves, zucchini and turkey pepperoni 10
Fit & Active Rice Cake snacks 1
Turkey burger on a light English Muffin with spinach, tomatoes, and pickles. 3
Baked Beans 3
Watermelon 1
Bakes Tortillas and Bean dip 4
Total Points 24

Comment from Jill on 8/6/2006 9:29:56 PM

You really eat such yummy foods…AND the light Mikes? I might have to try 3 of those for 5 points! Unfortunately, I love the cranberry lemonade ones. Probably 5 points in ONE!

Comment from Jill on 8/6/2006 9:30:03 PM

Comment from Jill on 8/6/2006 9:35:31 PM

Sorry that posted twice….I just looked at the pics from the Zoo. You are SOOO skinny!!! Lucky! :-)

Comment from Becky on 8/7/2006 8:48:25 AM

You are completely and utterly amazing! And you look fantastic too. I have 57.5lbs to lose and I hope I can keep it up in the same way you have. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Comment from jodi on 8/7/2006 10:21:44 AM

where can i find this whole wheat pizza dough at trader joes? i will have to pick some up next time i make a visit there… as for the mike’s hard lemonade – i had looked online a few weeks ago and most flavors were 4 points… they are tasty but i think i’d rather have an amstel light for only 2 points… :o)

Quick Update – August 5, 2006

Don’t have time to type but here’s my tracker. Billy and I are having a few drinks! ;)

Food Points
Trader Joe’s low carb Tortilla with 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1/2 tablespoon of jelly 4
Veggie Wrap (2 point whole grain tortilla, 1/2 oz moz cheese, veggie filling, and Tabasco) 3
Cantaloupe 1
Fit & Active fruit Pop (2) 2
Hamburger with bun 6
Small Brownie 5
Corn on the Cob 1
Fruit Salad 1
Mikes Hard Light Lemonade (3) 5
Total Points 28

A Zoo-ifric Day – August 4, 2006

Another day out so I didn’t do as well as I wanted BUT I did walk all day at the zoo so that counts for something. I don’t count Activity points officially but I probably earned a few so I don’t think the day went that bad. Did it?

Food Points
Lite English Muffin Sandwich (Laughing Cow Cheese, Healthy Choice Ham, Turkey Pepperoni, Spinach Leaves, tomatoes, Mustard) 3
Pickles 0
Cantaloupe 1
1 Small Slice of Pizza 4
Fries 6
1 Choc Chip Cookie 2
Salmon, Green Beans, Potato 12
Trader Joe’s Soy Crisps with bean dip 3
Carrots 1
Total Points 32

Comment from Jill on 8/4/2006 3:16:14 PM

Hi Roni,
Glad to see you are blogging daily. I like reading your info! :-) It’s a never-ending battle, huh? At least you are keeping on top of it. Have a great weekend! Jill

Comment from jodi on 8/4/2006 3:44:23 PM

hi there~ just found your site today and its great! i’m a fellow WW myself and have become addicted to soy chips as well… my favs are the cheddar and who can beat 2 points a bag?!?!? long live target, i LOVE that store… ;o)

Made a Few Finds Today – August 3, 2006

First, I was strolling around Target keeping the baby busy while beating the heat and I came across a great low point snack! Archer Farms Freeze Dried Fruit Snacks are AWSOME! They are only 30 cals per package and you can have your fruit on the go. They baby loves them too! Sorry they don’t have a link but if you are familiar with Target they are the Target brand you see everywhere in the store.

Second find, I was surfing around the web and came across the good old virtual model on Prevention.com Now many of you probably know about this already but My Virtual Model changed their site a while back. I was disappointed but prevention brought back what I think most of us used it for which was to see what we will look like if we lost weight. I actually did it awhile back. ;)

Here is my tracker for today. I added on the Soy crisps while typing this because I couldn’t get them out of my mind. My loss point Target is 20 but I’m shooting for 25 a day which is still below my maintenance goal of 30.

Steamed Chicken and Veggies with soy sauce and spices 2
Tortilla Pizza (2 point whole grain tortilla, 1 oz moz cheese, spinach, fresh tomatoes, chopped zucchini, turkey pepperoni) 5
Quaker Multigrain Cinnamon Toast Cakes 1
ear of corn 1
Sugar Free Twizler Style candy 2
Cantaloupe & Watermelon .5
Archer Farms Freeze Dried Fruit Snacks .5
3 ounces lean beef 3
3 – 1 point taco shells 3
1 oz moz cheese 2
Kids Size Rita’s Italian Ice 3
Trader Joe’s Soy Crisps with bean dip 3
Total Points 26

Day 2 Reporting – August 2, 2006

I went to the mall today and have a size story for you. If you want to feel good about yourself, just hit New York and Company.

I was on a hunt for a new pair of shorts and they had some on the sales rack but the ones I liked are only size 2’s. I picked a pair up and they looked pretty big so I gave them a try and they fit! Now there is NO WAY I’m a 2. It just goes to show this sizing this is a joke. I now have shorts ranging from size 2 through 8 and they all fit. So if you are looking for some good vanity sizing head over to NY&Co.

Here’s my trackers for the day. Again I was out for a meal, I hate that. I feel much more in control when I cook my own food.

Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control 3
WW Yogurt 1
Chicken with veggies (from food court) (estimate) 7
Trader Joe’s Soy Crisps with bean dip 3
1 cup of cherry tomatoes 0
1/2 cup Chicken Noodles 2
2 ears of corn 2
Turkey Meatloaf (estimate) 4
Fit & Active Ice Cream Sandwich 2
Late Snack – Strawberries 1
Total Points 25

AACK! Another GAIN! – August 1, 2006

But it’s not that bad. I was up .4 this week. I know it doesn’t sound like much but with gain for the last 4 weigh ins, I can’t help it, I’m a little worried. I have to admit I didn’t like CORE that much. I think I will stick to my original plan (which apparently worked!) of eating mostly CORE foods while still tracking points.

So I will be reporting my tracker this week. Many have asked me to do this anyway and I would like to be held a little more accountable this week to see if I can post a small loss next week. Of course my week starts of with a busy day out and being unprepared so I had to eat out a few times!

So here goes…

Trader Joe’s low carb Tortilla 1
1 tablespoon peanut butter / 1/2 tablespoon of jelly 3
Subway Veggie wrap with with american cheese, lettuce tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, carrots, pickles and fat free honey mustard 4
BAKED! LAY’S KC MASTERPIECE® BBQ Flavor Potato Crisps 2
Panera Low-Fat Vegetarian Black Bean Soup 3
Panera California Mission Chicken Salad (1/2 w/o dressing) 3
Steamed Chicken and Veggies with soy sauce and spices 3
Small non-fat frozen yogurt 3
WW Yogurt with 1 cup of berries 2
Total Points 24

What do you think? Not that bad huh? Stay tuned for tomorrows menu.

Vacation Results – July 26, 2006

Well it wasn’t as bad as I thought but it wasn’t all that good either. I’m up 1.8. By itself it doesn’t seem that bad but when I updated my progress page I noticed a trend that is a little troublesome. I had a gain the last 3 weigh ins. So I need to put a stop to that! :) Seriously, I know why. I stopped counting points and I’ve been "picking" a lot more, vacation included. So I made a decision this week. I’m giving CORE a try. It just makes sense when you make it to goal. The Flex plan taught me how to watch my portions and to balance my diet. If I ate a little more at lunch then skip the potato at dinner or if I want ice cream later then have a salad instead of a sandwich for lunch. I’ve learned that lesson and I learned it well. Now it’s about eating the right foods, CORE foods, or what I like to call whole foods, 90% of the time. It’s healthier for you anyway. We’ll see how it goes. I can’t make the Wednesday meeting next week so I will fit one in somewhere and let you know how it goes.

OH! And that you all for the words of encouragement!

Comment from Elizabeth Thomas on 7/27/2006 8:25:07 AM

You are amazing, incredibly inspirational
(fellow Cammer)

Comment from Jen on 7/27/2006 8:40:45 AM

I think Core would be great. Don’t get discouraged. You’re not falling off the wagon- you’re just adjusting your maintanance level.

Vacation Confessions – July 22, 2006

I just got back from my week long beach vacation.  I can honestly say I’m disappointed in myself.  I started off really good but by the end of the week my old eating habits were creeping back.  It’s amazing how easy you can fall off the wagon.  I’m so afraid to get on the scale.  I will start to count point again tomorrow and I will weigh in this Wednesday with my favorite leader.

I did have a blast though!  And I even wore a 2 piece with no shirt!!  So I am marking this week as reaching my "No T-Shirt!” goal. If you’ve been following my story I only have one goal left, to be a Weight Watchers success story.  I’ve sent the mone email I guess I will have to try again.

Alright I have to start planning my week out and unpacking.  Hope your week went better then mine. :)

Comment from Lori on 7/24/2006 11:11:59 AM

You may be surprised. I had the same fears on my vacation – but because I was so active, I actually lost weight!!

Comment from Lori on 7/24/2006 11:12:03 AM

Comment from Carolyn on 7/24/2006 1:03:36 PM

I think you’re allowed a bit of a splurge while on vacation. Plus, I think you should be able to celebrate your 30th birthday. Happy birthday, old lady!

Comment from Janine Turnbull on 7/25/2006 10:36:38 PM

Hey – its okay. . as I have recently learned in WW just be positive about it, forget about it, and move on to correct going forward. Think of it as a great learning experience for how to handle your emotions the next time it happens. . and it will again, as we all know. I will struggle with the same sense of complacency (and therefore old habits) I’m sure for the rest of my life. Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself – that is really what it is all about.

I’m going slow and steady, down 15.4, and only 1.6 away from my 10% goal! Should be next week or the one after.

Keep pluggin’ Roni. . . Janine (different email address than the last – put this one on file from now on)

Comment from Michelle on 7/26/2006 5:42:09 AM

Happy Belated Birthday! We share the same birthday (saw you on FatFighterBlogs :)

Missing Another Week – July 14, 2006

Next week I will be missing my weigh in, again. I’ll be on the beach POSSIBLY wearing a bathing suit with OUT a t-shirt while having my mid-section exposed! LOL saying that out load sounds hysterical, but if you remember my goals, that’s one of them. I will come back and report how it goes. I did purchase a few new mid-section revealing suits, now it’s just a comfort level thing. We’ll see.

I finally added the Veggie Recipe I promised on the Dinner Ideas page. I’ll be back online in about a week, until then, be good and stay on plan! ;)

Comment from Jennifer on 7/15/2006 6:05:54 AM

Roni, you are nuts! Show off that stomach, you look great…if I had it, I absolutely would :)

Have a good trip and thanks for your inpsiration.

Comment from Laurie on 7/17/2006 6:10:16 PM

Roni,

I’ve recently stumbled upon your site and really enjoy reading your progress. Your goals section is extremely inspirational to someone who was dreading starting… another diet. You look fantastic and should be very proud of yourself.

Thanks again, I’ll be referencing you for support throughout my journey,

Laurie
Ontario, Canada

Comment from Jen on 7/18/2006 9:57:26 PM

You are such an inspiration. I’ve been following your journey for a while and it’s really helped me stay op!

Site Updates – July 11, 2006

If you haven’t noticed I moved the site to its new location at http://weightwatchen.com This may have caused some issues so please email me if anything is broken. I also changed the picture section and rearranged a bit. It is also my 4 week tummy tuck anniversary and have updated the photos there.

As for weight updates, I did miss a week. It’s amazing how busy you can be in the summer. I did weigh in today and had a .2 increase. Not to bad consider I went to Atlantic city for the weekend and have been eating out a lot!

I haven’t gotten around to adding that new recipe yet but I will soon, promise. Ok I have to run and test the site for errors. I know there are some lingering out there.

Comment from Jean on 7/11/2006 9:51:25 PM

Thanks for updating the tummy photos. I love seeing the progression

Comment from Jennifer on 7/12/2006 11:28:27 AM

Ok, this is hilarious. Last night I was in my kitchen and I said “I love these recipes from Roni, they are so easy, convenient, good, and healthy” to my husband….and he says “Who is Roni?”

So, even though you do not know me, you are obviously a great inspiration and I LOVE your site!!!

Thanks for the tips, recipes, and ideas…and of course, CONGRATS to you, you look great.

Best,

Jenn

Comment from Deb on 7/13/2006 7:23:12 AM

Roni – You look fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself for pushing towards your goals!! Im very proud to call you my friend, you are a great inspiration!

DEB

Sorry, I Got Lazy – July 4, 2006

I just haven’t felt like posting. I’m not sure why? I updated the other areas of the site. I think I might be getting over some normal post OP blues. It’s been exactly 3 weeks since the surgery and I feel great! Everything is healing very nicely. As you can see from my progress page I gained a little this week, nothing to worry about, I don’t think, considering I was at the lowest weight for my weight range according to Weight Watchers. I also just updated a picture in the tummy tuck section. OH! And I have this recipe I’ve been dying to add but haven’t had a chance, so stay tuned for that this week.

Have a happy, healthy Fourth! I’ll be battles the BBQ urges today as I am having a few people over.

Comment from Jill on 7/4/2006 10:25:58 PM

I love checking in to see how you’re doing and finding a new post! I started doing South Beach about 8 days ago and really think I need to go back to counting points. Maybe I need to go to meetings too? I REALLY want to get this weight off!!! Last summer I was wearing size 6 and yesterday I bought size 10 shorts. I was so sad. I finally had to give in though. I know you’ve checked out my blog before and written back, but incase you don’t remember me it’s justjill.extrapounds (dot) com
I hope you had a very happy 4th! Jill

Post Op Weigh In – June 21, 2006

I went to weigh in for the first time after the surgery. I forgot to ask the surgeon how much "stuff" he actually cut away but apparently it was about 5 pounds. I was down 5.4 this week. I’m not really too concerned about my weight right now and won’t be for the next couple of weeks. Between eating less the week of surgery and all the swelling that will be coming and going I’m just going to continue to eat healthy and stay on track. Of course my physical activity has drastically decreased, my evening walks have really shortened and I’m not dancing around with Ryan anymore. That being said, I feel GREAT! I really do. Much better then I expected a week after surgery. I’m still a little sore and I can’t lift anything heavy but overall I’m mobile and have been out and about all week.

Comment from Deb on 6/24/2006 10:55:39 PM

I saw you outside walking today, you look great! I hope youa re feeling much better!

DEB

Comment from Cherie on 6/28/2006 8:37:45 PM

I have to tell you how excited I was when I “checked” your website…I was actually looking for recipes but then saw that you had just had a tummy tuck. So far I have lost 83.6 pounds…July 5th will be my one year anniversary on WW…I still have close to 60 pounds to reach my goal but I have been saying once I reach goal I AM going to get a tummy tuck…your progress is encouraging…although I have several years on you…I am 55! I wish you to best now and always.

Tummy Update – June 17, 2006

I did it! It’s over and I’m now in recovery. Part of me still can’t believe it. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I always prepare for the worst so that I am pleasantly surprised by the actual result. Don’t get me wrong it’s painful and I miss picking up my son but I know it is temporary. Even with the pain and swelling it was worth it. It’s going to take weeks before I can really see the end result but as I look now the difference is enormous! If you are really curious and don’t mind a fairly gruesome post op picture email me and I will send you one. I decided against publishing them on the site, it is just a little too personal to share with "the world".

On monday I’m going to ask the doctor how much skin and fat he actually removed, I’m curious to see how much I will now weigh. Of course it will be awhile until the swelling is totally gone so my weight may be in a state of flux for a bit. I am consciously skipping this week but I will be going to Weight Watchers on Wednesday to weigh in officially.

Alright, I’m off to get some rest.

UPDATE: After having this post up for a few hours I already got enough requests for the pictures to re-evaluate my decision. I bit the bullet and added a page that will showcase pictures of the tummy tuck progress.

Thanks again for all your support!

Comment from Lara on 6/19/2006 8:29:24 AM

It HAS been a long time! I missed quite a bit here as well!

SO freakin’ inspired by your tummy tuck… Being that I have over 100 lbs to lose, I know the day will come when I’m going to want the same thing… and probably an arm and thigh tuck, add the breast lift, and who the hell knows what else!? LOL

So very proud of you, Roni – as I’ve always been! :)

Comment from Janine on 6/19/2006 12:55:18 PM

Way to go for both the weight loss and the brave decision about the surgery – thanks for posting before and after – you look great already! I have your website under Favourites for a little inspiration now and then. I am doing WW (again)- this time I’m going to get to Lifetime – down 11 lbs and about 25 or 30 more to goal weight… I realize now I’m in this battle for life, not short term. Best of luck with recovery – would love to see future shots in a month or two.

Comment from Sheraim on 6/20/2006 11:54:56 AM

WOW!! You can already see the difference! I think I’ll have to do mine after I reach my goal weight but I’m still waiting to see how much damage will be left over before I decide for sure ;)

Take care, make sure you rest, and keep us posted :)

~ Sheraim

Comment from Jessica on 6/21/2006 12:57:10 PM

This is absolutely freaking amazing!!!! You are looking wonderful – I am currently at 77 lbs lost and I have 27 to go to meet goal with WW – my stomach seems to be my problem area too. Can I be nosey and ask how much it cost you? How did the breast lift come out… that’s the first place I lose and I feel like I have stock in wonder bras! How long were you down and out? I’m just wondering if I looked into if I would be able to work after a week or so? Your website has helped me so much!!!!

Up with Updates – June 7, 2006

Well I missed a week, I still weighed in but I didn’t update you guys. I’ve been busy. Last week I was down .2 and this week I was up 1. I have to admit I’ve been a little lax in the eating department. Still, I can’t complain, I’m still 9 pounds below goal.

So the big news… Tuesday is the big day! My tummy Tuck. I’m REALLY nervous. I’m also REALLY excited. I’m not sure how I will feel afterwards and when I will be up to posting again but I promise to update as soon as I am able.

I’m also working on an updated site, hoping to have it finished by the end of summer. Emails have been pouring in and would like to build a way for people to have their own ‘Weight Watchen’ page.

Last update, I promise, one of my visitors sent me a food find so I posted it tonight.

OK, so wish me luck and I will be back as soon as possible.

Comment from TAMI on 6/8/2006 7:53:33 AM

I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR TUMMY TUCK AND RECOVERY. YOUR SITE HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL! THANKS AGAIN.

Comment from Sheraim on 6/9/2006 10:31:02 AM

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck with your surgery, and thanks so much for taking the time to give me advice :)

~ Sheraim

Comment from Jenn on 6/15/2006 3:38:50 PM

I hope all goes well with your Tummy Tuck! Congrats on hitting your goal!