Pin It

These posts are from my old old site

Maintained – May 25, 2006

After my 2 point gain last week I was a little worried this week. Apparently my concern was unfounded, I maintained perfectly! Down just .2, that’s perfect! So I feel a little better now.

I have been experimenting in the kitchen today. I love finding new ways to use the whole wheat low carb tortillas I discovered at Trader Joe’s. I think I invented a winner! Pizza Quesadillas! Anything pizza and mexican in one can’t be bad right? Actually this was really good and I added spinach and green peppers so we can get a veggie serving out it too! I added it to the Dinner Ideas section. You will have to try it and let me know what you think.

Comment from Andrea on 6/5/2006 7:39:38 PM

well, you have me checking this section of the site…..

A Day Late and 2 Pounds Up – May 19, 2006

Well not quite 2 pounds but 1.8. I deserved it. I ate out so much and hit a buffet on Mothers day. Plus, it’s really been two weeks since my last weigh in. Last week I weighed in on a Sunday and this week on a Thursday. My schedule is all thrown off because of finals. I do have to say I really didn’t like to have that much time in between meetings, it felt like forever since I was at Weight Watchers.

As promised I started to add some more stuff I found over the last few weeks. I know there is more I wanted to share but I can’t seem to remember them now. That’s what I get for not posting right away. Check out the food finds and snack ideas. If I remember anymore over the weekend I will update again.

News on the Tummy Tuck front, I go for my pre-op appointment on monday. I will get all the gory details and probably get really nervous about it again. It’s kind of been the last thing on my mind since I’ve been so busy.

Later Weigh In – May 16, 2006

Trying to squeeze in a meeting and a weigh in this week is going to be tough. It’s finals week and my schedule is just all over the place. On top of that I don’t really want to weigh in because I know I’m up a little. I had a tough weekend, I literally ate every meal away from home, and you know how that goes. But I’m back on track already. I actually came up with a new dinner idea and found a few cool products last weekend. I just haven’t had time to post them. I hope to get them up by thursday, which is also the day I think I can make a meeting.

I can’t wait until summer! No work and I can return to my good old wed morning meeting with my favorite meeting leader. I haven’t seen her in 4 months!

Check back thursday for an update.

Comment from theresa on 6/4/2006 12:24:49 PM

hi
i am getting my tummy tuck on the 19th and I am wondering how much pain I will have right after the surgery?
I am getting a little worried.
thanks

Comment from theresa on 6/4/2006 12:24:49 PM

hi
I am getting a little worried.
thanks

Weekly Update – April 30, 2006

I made it to the Sunday morning meeting again. This time I was down .2, not too bad for someone who splurged this weekend. I went out to dinner on Friday for my anniversary and split a dessert with Bill. We even started the meal out with an old favorite of mine, mozzarella sticks!

I have a few products to share, I hit Trader Joe’s yesterday to see what they had. If you have one near by you should give it a try. They had a great selection of Whole Wheat low cal breads and bakery goods. I posted some on my food finds page. I also added Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers. I was looking for something new and these just jumped out of the frozen food section. They are VERY tasty, I just had one on a light english muffin with some spinach leaves and a slice of a red pepper. It was REALLY good!

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the Tummy Tuck. The emails have been very supportive and I’m still considering posting before and after pictures. It seems like the new number one question I’m getting!

Comment from Peggy on 5/1/2006 10:25:53 PM

How many points in the burgers with the english muffin?

Comment from Peggy on 5/1/2006 10:25:53 PM

How many points in the burgers with the english muffin?

Comment from Elizabeth on 5/15/2006 1:00:29 AM

Happy Mother’s Day!

Weighed In Early – April 24, 2006

Well I felt so guilty for missing last weeks meeting I woke up early and went in Sunday (yesterday) morning. As expected I was up a pound. No biggy.

Changing gears… I’ve been struggling with the decision to tell you guys this but I figured what the heck. There something freeing about sharing your experiences on the web. I’ve decided to have a tummy tuck. I honestly can not wait. I know there is nothing I can do about the extra skin on my belly. I always carried fat there and having the baby really didn’t help matters.

My surgery is scheduled in June. I don’t want this sight to turn into a tummy tuck info page so I won’t mention it much, but I will give updates as I move through that process.

Comment from Peggy on 4/26/2006 11:59:40 PM

You have your tummy tuck and please take photos because I’ve seen the scars on those TV shows right after and they are frankenscary but I would like to know what they look like when they fade. If it’s not too bad I may be right behind you in line for the surgery!

Comment from Bianca on 4/28/2006 10:58:33 AM

Hey Roni you don’t have to answer this if you don’t want to but do you plan on having anymore kids.Because I was reading that tummy tuck info and I want to get one also but I know that in about 4 years I might want another child but i don’t want to go four years with this saggy belly did the doctor mention anything about that to you ? Thanks and good luck !

Comment from Elizabeth on 4/30/2006 10:34:15 AM

Oh, keep me updated please! We’re looking at getting pregnant this year and having our second (and FINAL) baby by this time next year. After that, my hubby promised me a tummy tuck, but I’m so scared. The pain. The scars. PLEASE let me know how it really is! :)

Comment from Lisa on 5/3/2006 9:37:37 AM

Roni…I think that’s great!! I know a few ladies who have had the “abdominoplasty” sugery. Ok, tummy tuck…same thing! lol
They were all very happy….it’s something I would love to have done as well but know I need to lose more weight before I consider it. I’ve lost 10lbs so far….lost a few beofr joing WW but am steadily losing between 1.8-2.4lbs a week. Seem to be at a slower slump right now though number wise…maybe because I’ve been walking ALOT now and I gain muscle very easily. You already look incredible…and now you’re gonna be tight and toned too! You go girl!! lol

Meeting Missed! – April 22, 2006

I can’t believe it! This week I was too busy to make it to a meeting. This is the first meeting I missed since starting in June. I’m a little disappointed in myself but at the same time it couldn’t be helped. My house scale is showing a small gain of 1.5 pounds and holding steady at 139.5 but I’m not going to count that as my official progress weigh in.

I did update my picture the other day. Sorry to say I really haven’t had much time for recipe experiments or product finds. As soon as my semester ends I’ll have more time to update.

ok, I gotta run. Hope all is well with all of you!

No Points, No Problems! – April 7, 2006

I did it! One whole week and didn’t count a point! Well… that is kind of a lie. I counted in my head a little, but by no means was I the ‘point nazi’ I normally am. I didn’t change much in my diet, I made healthy choices and didn’t go nuts. Actually I think I might have eaten less because I was so nervous I was going to slip up.

At weigh in I was down .8. I’m following the normal wave pattern my meeting leader told me about. The last 5 weeks I’ve been down 0.4, up .2, down
2.6, up .6 and now down
0.8. Pretty text book for someone in maintenance, I believe.

I’m not sure how many people are reading this considering the problems I’m been having on the site. Sorry about that guys, once my semester ends I’m going to into redesign mode and I’ll get the site in tip top shape. I haven’t add anything new lately but I have a few things jotted down in the kitchen. I’ll try and get them posted soon.

Comment from Regan on 4/11/2006 7:13:18 PM

Hi, I’ve been on WW in the past, and can’t seem to get motivated to keep it up. I’ve gained all my weight back. Do you have any suggestions for when I’m starting over again? THANKS!!

Comment from Jennifer on 4/12/2006 9:23:54 AM

I am reading it and you are a major inspiration to us all!! Congrats on your results, you look awesome. Keep posting, we love it! :)

Jenn

Comment from Elizabeth on 4/20/2006 6:53:33 PM

Hey girl :) You should be soooo proud of yourself!! :)

I wanted to let you know that I didn’t disappear or anything… I am closing Finding Elizabeth / Weight Loss Mommy and my new blog has been moved here: http://www.givingmyall.com/elizabeth

Just an Update – March 30, 2006

This was one CRAZY week. I just feel like I’ve been on the go constantly. I weighed in yesterday and was up .6 to make my weight an even 140. This was my 40′th week on plan! I haven’t missed one meeting or weigh in, I can’t believe it! Looking back it seems so easy!

They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit and I’ve been eating healthy for 280! The choices I make are now really second nature. I think I’m going to give no counting a try. Let’s see how engrained this way of life is! I will report next week and we’ll see how it goes.

I’m BACK! – March 24, 2006

Sorry about the disruption. I had some problem with my hosting service. I’m still running through the site and fixing small errors here and there, but overall everything should be functioning now.

I weighed in today and I was DOWN 2.6 pounds!! Not really sure why but hey, I’m not complaining. I made it into the 130′s!!! Crazy!! ok, I gotta run. I may have a new picture to post later this weekend and I updated my progress page.

Hope all is well.

Comment from Jenny on 3/24/2006 9:03:21 PM

130′s! That’s CRAZY for your hieght. I hope to be there one day and I’m 5’5”

Comment from Elizabeth on 3/25/2006 3:47:40 PM

Way to go on the 130s! That’s crazy :) Dang. I’ve been stuck at 138 for like… forever now.

Read your comment: Isn’t it amazing how weight loss works. At a size 12 less than a year ago, I was pretty sure that 130′s would be wonderful. I’m here now… I’m wearing 2/4… I should be feeling great. But, I still feel like the old, fat me. Guys will look at me in public and I can’t help but wonder why. I’m lugging a child, my hair’s a mess, and I have saggy skin on my tummy. Reeeal sexy. When does the fantastic new goal weight feeling kick in?

I’m so proud of you, Roni! You have been such an inspiration!

Comment from Elizabeth on 3/25/2006 3:49:42 PM

O, and I was curious. I have a South Beach friend who wants to count points while on our diet. With all the meat, nuts, and cheese we eat, I don’t know how possible that is. Her points limit would be 20 – 25 a day. Do you happen to know of anybody in your meetings successfully doing points AND low carb?

Comment from Roni on 3/26/2006 8:04:23 PM

Elizabeth – I would say try Core. I don’t know anyone who has done SB and WW at the same time.

Comment from Carolyn on 3/28/2006 10:03:57 AM

That is fabulous! Your BMI is lower than mine, and I weigh 107! (I’m like 9 inches shorter than Roni, y’all.)

Quick Update – March 17, 2006

I’m in a hurry but wanted to update you on a few things…

1. This week I was up .2 so my 25 points a day is going to stay. I may have found the perfect point value for myself.
  2. Updated the progress page.
  3. Went shopping today and found some great new food finds!
  4. Dressed in my size 6 pants and FELT GREAT this week!
  5. Tuesday I’m going to the Weight Watchers recruitment event, I going to talk to them about becoming a leader!

Ok that’s it, gotta run. I’ll post Tuesday or Wed to let you know how the leader things went.

Comment from Gina on 3/24/2006 6:09:30 PM

We miss you! Come back! ;)

Comment from Amy on 4/3/2006 4:13:34 PM

When you say 25 is the perfect daily pt number for maintenance – are you also eating the 35 extra flex pts? What about activity pts? Just curious, because I’m getting close to goal. Thx.

Awesome Shopping Trip! – March 13, 2006

I usually don’t post mid week but this was too good to wait!

First of all, I have some of the best friends EVER! My friend Jen came to take me shopping on Sunday. She has always been the stylish one, making fun of my Birks and big baggy shirts my whole life. Anyway, she came over with a card to congratulate me on my success and brought me some funky little t-shirts and a pair of jeans! It was so nice and thoughtful of her! THANKS JEN!

Anyway, so we hit Old Navy. I felt like I was on What Not to Wear, it was great! I hit the dressing room and soon discovered that some of those size 8 pants were a little too BIG! She went to grab me a size 6, WHAT?!?! A SIZE 6!!! That is not possible, I never really had a goal of making it into a size 6, I just always thought it wasn’t possible. For gosh sake I didn’t really think size 8′s were possible. I was happy making it into a comfy 10. Needless to say, they fit! WOW what a weird feeling! It was almost surreal, I think I might have been in shock.

What am I saying, I’m still in shock. ;) Size 6, no FRIGGIN WAY! lol OK I’m done. But I needed to share that with you guys. Gotta run.

Comment from Katie on 3/14/2006 9:49:29 AM

WOW!! That is so awesome! All of your hard work and dedication has paid off. Congratulations!!!!

Comment from Kim on 3/14/2006 2:21:21 PM

Congratulations, you’ve done a fantastic job and you look WONDERFUL!

Comment from Carolyn Enman on 3/15/2006 10:47:06 AM

I just came across your page this afternoon while searching the web for Weight Watchers recipes. It is such an inspiration! My husband and I both started Weight Watchers on January 3, 2006. As of last friday March 10, I have lost 27 pounds and I have never felt better in my life. Especially since people are starting to notice now!! It feels great. I would still ike to lose about another 35 lbs so I still have a long way to go. Any tips for stayting dedicated to the program? I find it is getting a little harder since my husband has lost 19 lbs and is at his ideal weight so he does not want to lose anymore. Anyway, just thought I would let you kow that your site is great! (and you look fantastic in the picture! :) Hope I can squeeze into a size 6 someday!!!

First Lifetimer Weigh-in – March 10, 2006

I had my first weigh in as a lifetimer today! Down .4, I feel pretty good about that. It put me at a total loss of 65 lbs. WOW that’s like a whole 10 year old! I’m up to eating 25 points a day plus most, if not all, of my weekly allowance. I’m going to go one more week like that. If I post a loss next week then I will add another point on and see where I am.

The meeting was good today. We talked about nutritional needs, BMI and overall healthy eating habits. It made me realize that even though I may not be totally happy with my body the changes I made make a HUGE difference in my health. It inspired me to track my BMI and see the real progress I made. I went from a 30.5 to a 20.9. I think that may be more important then the number on the scale and how I perceive myself.

As for the site, I can’t believe the response I’m getting! I do try to anwer all emails and comments you just need to give me a few days. Thanks again for all your support!

Comment from Robyn on 3/11/2006 10:30:50 AM

I couldn’t leave this comment on your photo page – but Roni – you were always beautiful and still are, but to see you in that lovely dress with that smile of happines on your face – WOW! You never cease to amaze me. You look spectacular! Wear that gown with the beauty you exude and as the magnificent individual that you are!

Comment from Becky Grayson on 3/13/2006 9:27:01 AM

You go girl! You are an inspiration to me! Makes me feel like “I cna do this” ,too!! Keep on,keepin’on!

New Content and a New Breakfast – March 6, 2006

I have been slowly updating the site all weekend. After receiving ton of emails and requests I was motivated to add some more content. I love the support and inspiration I get from all of you!

First, I added a new sample menu section. I know I’ve said it before, I’m way to busy to post my daily tracker but I figured just a peak may help you. So I took a look through the last couple of weeks and pulled out some sample days. I hope that helps those of you who wanted a peek into my daily menu.

Second, I added a tips section. I tried to sit down and think of all the things that I did this time around that made a difference.

Third, I’ve been getting bored with breakfast! Especially now that I spend more time feeding and getting the baby ready then I do myself. So I was on the search this weekend for something new, quick and points friendly for breakfast. I found it! I popped two KELLOGG’S Eggo Low-Fat Nutri-Grain® Blueberry waffles in the toaster this morning. They literally took 1 minute, were totally yummy and were only 3 points!

Hope that helps, I will post after weigh in this week.

Comment from Jessica on 3/9/2006 9:58:54 AM

LOVE, your website… How many points for the Egoo – I tried looking on website and couldn’t find? Do you eat syrup with it or just plain?

LIFETIME BABY! – March 2, 2006

Oh MY GOD! I did it! weighed in at 142.2, 6.8 pounds under goal. It’s 11:00 pm and I just got home from work so I will not be updating today but I had to get that news out ASAP! I will post more and update my progress tomorrow.

Comment from Laura on 3/3/2006 6:47:29 AM

WOW!!! Congratulations Roni! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself and you look fantastic! You are MY inspiration!

Comment from Kendra on 3/3/2006 8:44:11 AM

Congratulations Roni! What a wonderful accomplishment! You ARE an inspiration to us all! Keep up the good fight!

Comment from Janna ~ IWannaBeSkinny~BCB on 3/3/2006 9:13:13 AM

Roni,
I have checked here a couple of times for inspiration and definatly get it. YOu should be so proud of yourself.. what a wonderful accomplishment. I cant wait till i can get to that point. You look amazing and i know that you will work hard to keep the weight off. You can do anything! You are a true hero!

~Janna ;)

Comment from gabimags on 3/4/2006 1:27:02 PM

Way to go Roni!

It’s been said before but I’ll say it again – you are an inspiration and when I see your progress, it makes me think that I can eventually make goal too!

Please continue to update and keep posting those food finds and tips!

Comment from jen on 3/7/2006 8:15:52 PM

wow!!! we will look hot on our cruise…at least you will.
YOU GO GIRL

What the HECK? – February 24, 2006

I went to weigh in this morning (yesterday I was too busy) and to my surprise I was DOWN 3 lbs! Why??? I’m not sure, I looked back at my tracker and I consistently ate between 25-29 points a day, My target to lose would be 20. I’m not complaining but I am a little confused. When did it become to easy to lose weight? For the past 10 years I’ve been gaining and losing the same friggin’ 25 pounds and now I melt away 3 without trying?? Hey, my new philosophy is to have faith in the plan, and that I do, but I am a little concerned that I won’t be able to maintain. The good news, I only have one more week to weigh in before I become a lifetimer. No more 12 bucks for me! Unless I go nuts and gain 10 pounds this week. ;) Hey, it could be done, I think I’ve done it before.

How is everyone doing? I haven’t heard from some of my regular visitors. :(

Comment from Kendra on 2/24/2006 5:27:35 PM

Hey Roni!

Wow! That is amazing! You are doing SO awesome. How exciting to be an official lifetimer next week! Yayee!

Will you still attend meetings? Our leader recommends still attending as many as you can for at least 2 yrs. I know all centers are different though.

I had a friend make it to her goal the other week and she only had to pay $6 (half-price) for six weeks, as long as she stays at least 2 lbs below her goal weight, then she pays nothing. You didn’t get the half price? Or, maybe there again, just a difference in centers.

You look amazing! I love your little family picture too. Keep up the good work, you are an inspiration to me! (((HUGS)))

Comment from Kendra on 2/24/2006 5:28:43 PM

Ack! I meant *as long as she stays at least 2 lbs above her goal weight. ooops. sorry about that.

Comment from Vicki on 2/25/2006 9:11:10 AM

Your pictures show a younger woman with each one. You look younger now than in your beginning picture.

Congratulations
Vicki

Comment from Elizabeth on 2/26/2006 10:01:34 PM

I know it’s a sin and I should NEVER admit to it, but I’m jealous. I’ve been fighting the scale and you ACCIDENTALLY lose 3 pounds? LMAO That’s so unfair. :)

Comment from Carolyn on 2/27/2006 3:53:46 PM

Aw, poor Roni, she accidentally lost 3 pounds. :) Keep up the good work!

Comment from Sharon on 2/28/2006 10:56:19 AM

Congratulations!! You are amazing — Can you give us an idea of a typical day and what you eat? thanks!!

Comment from Carmine on 3/2/2006 8:49:45 AM

WOW!!! Is all that I can say. I sat here for I know about 20-30 mins. straight reading all of your journal entries, and I was just so amazed and motivated. I’m so happy for your progress. Your entire journey was just beautiful. I pray that the Ryan is doing well today, and not too fussy. I just started back OP the 1st of February. I’ve been reading so many journal entries. But of all of them, your’s have stood out the most. Its just the bomb, that’s all I can say. Congratulations and I hope you are able to continue maintaining. I know you can do it.

Quick Update – February 19, 2006

I didn’t forget, I swear. Just another busy weekend. I weighed in Thursday morning with a surprising .6 loss! Maintenance is going just like my meeting leader said it would, like a wave, up a little, down a little.

I don’t have much time to post, again, I’m off to do the taxes, oh so much fun! But I did want to share a tip. Last night I hosted a few people at the house and had to have a quick meal on hand, so I went with sloppy joe’s. But I wanted to eat them guilt free, so I made them lean ground turkey! Not one person noticed! I just took the Manwich sloppy joe mix in the can, threw it in the crock pot with a few diced up fresh red bell peppers, a can of diced tomatoes and some garlic and onion. I ate my in a bowl and everyone else had them on a bun. Just thought I’d share in case you needed a quick crock pot meal for entertaining.

Ok, I updated the progress page, I’m off to the taxes!

Shopping Trip – February 11, 2006

I was on a mission to buy a new pair of jeans today so I went to the mall. I decided I really wanted proof that I was a size 8 and I couldn’t really trust Old Navy. I think their sizes are off sometimes. So I went to Express. Now I used to LOVE this store but nothing ever fit me. I would to hunt for any Extra large’s they had on the sales racks. This time I went straight to the Jeans. I asked the women for a size 8 and a 10 in their curvy fit (whatever that means, but hey I’m still kind of curvy so it made sense). I make it into the dressing room and and of course start with the 10, if I went with the 8 first and they were too tight I might get discouraged. Plus I figured if the 10′s fit I would still be happy that I was a 10. A 10 is a very nice size and much smaller then I’ve ever been. Well I was pleasantly surprised when they were TOO BIG! Now I couldn’t get them off fast enough to try on the 8′s! And to my surprise, they fit PERFECT! Like a glove! Not too tight, not too loose. Just perfect! I felt like telling everyone in the store! WOW it really felt good. I just needed to share that with all of you.

I also went to the grocery store today and I and found a new product that I added to the food finds. Plus a few people have been emailing me recently and sharing their stories and providing links. I just wanted to thank everyone who visits the site. I really appreciate it. One of the reason I started this site was to remain accountable and you guys are helping me do that! Thanks so much! The support is wonderful.

3rd Week of Maintenance – February 9, 2006

I squished in my weigh in this morning and I was pleasantly surprised. Even though I was up .4 I think I’ve been maintaining well. I came to realization that I can’t KEEP loosing, it’s impossible! Don’t get me wrong I think I can stand to loose about 5 more pounds, but that is not my goal right now. In the next three weeks I want to see if I can maintain my current progress. I want to know that I can stay “thin”. Thin…. Huh… I don’t think I EVER described myself that way before! Maybe I am making progress. :)

If you haven’t clicked around in awhile I changed the site a bit, added a few things and updated my pictures page.

Comment from Chris on 2/11/2006 9:26:29 AM

I hope I can decribe myself as T H I N one day! You go girl!

Holding Steady – February 3, 2006

I know I say this A LOT, but it’s true, I’ve been so busy! I have my classes and work stuff, the baby, the house, my side jobs and all the small little naggy things you have to do now a days! But enough complaining! My weight as held steady this week. I was actually down .4 which is better then being up .4! I added on the 4 points a day but have to admit, I eat less weekly points now. So I will adjust once again and see where I am next week.

I had to move my weigh in day since I started classes, of course one class is scheduled right in the middle of my favorite Weight Watchers meeting. :( So I shifted to a different location and meeting time. It looks like Thursdays will be the day, but I won’t be able to post my progress until friday afternoons. I promise I will post, I just can’t guarantee how fast I will get to it.

I did update the food finds page. I found this great black bean dip last week while grocery shopping. It is Soooo good. Expect to see it in some dinner ideas soon, I’m working on some new ones. I’m also working on two new page sections for the site, one for my shopping list, mostly because I can’t remember week to week what I should get at the store anymore, and two for a point calculator. I noticed on the WW boards people asking about point values, I figured I would play around with a little tool that would help them calculate points.

Ok, WOW I wrote a lot today. I gotta run. Ryan is napping and I wanted to get something accomplished today!

I Cheated – January 25, 2006

My first week on Maintenance and I cheated. Now I know what your thinking but you’re wrong! I didn’t cheat with food I cheated with points. I was suppose to add 4 points a day this past week and then evaluate my weight loss or gain and then readjust my points again. I couldn’t do it! 4 Points sounded like so much, I only added 2. So I went into weigh in today thinking I gained a pound when in actuality I was DOWN a pound! Hey, I’m not complaining but I will add the other 2 points this week. I really want to find that perfect point value that will allow me to maintain my weight.

I do have sad news. Well I guess it’s only sad for me. I can’t go to my regular meeting time anymore. I have a class to teach this semester that directly conflicts. :( It kind of sucks, I’ve been going to the same meeting for the past 7 months and now that I finally made goal and possibly lifetime I can’t celebrate with the girls and meeting leader I’ve been seeing this whole time. I will keep going though, I really do love the meetings, I just have to find another time that works in my schedule.

OK, I think I said enough today, I’ve been on the computer all day for work and I need a break. I will get around to posting that picture, I just really don’t have the time, or energy right now. I did update my progress page though.

GOAL SURPASSED! – January 19, 2006

Well I MADE the time to go today. I figured I haven’t been busting my but for the last 30 weeks to just let this week go by. I, of course, missed my normal meeting and leader but it didn’t really matter that much. I weighed in, was down 1.8 and surpassed my goal of 149 by 1.2 pounds! It feels kind of weird, the women behind me in line said it best, “Where’s the balloons and confetti??” It was like you expected something miraculous to happen when really it was just another weigh in.

I did get my gold star to add to my key chain. So that’s something. I also now enter the maintenance plan. Which basically means I have to maintain this weight for 6 weeks. If at the end of those 6 weeks I am within 2 pounds of my goal weight I become a lifetime member! Then it’s no more 12 buck a week for me! ;)

I’m scared. I know kind of weird but I’ve been trying to loose weight for so long I’m not sure if I know how to maintain the weight loss. It’s almost like there are two modes, loosing or gaining, I have never really been in between. We’ll see how it goes, I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing but add a few more points. Next week we’ll see what happens.

I wanted to post a picture for goal, but I don’t really have time. I will try and get one up this weekend!

Ok, I’m excited but it does feel a little anticlimactic. I gotta run, have a million things to do.

Comment from Sarah on 1/19/2006 4:46:00 PM

Way to go Roni! I had my first weight in this week, i lost 4.5 on my way to losing 40 pounds. I would like to thank you for helping me decide to join W.W. You may have not seen the confetti but I’m pretty sure there were plenty of your followers clapping for you. Again congratulations. Sarah

Comment from Carolyn on 1/20/2006 9:00:00 AM

Yes – we’re all clapping. I was over visiting with Sasha, Bethany, and some others, and had them check out your pictorial. Everyone was like, “Wow!”

Comment from Lara on 1/27/2006 7:23:30 AM

Congrats, sweetie!! We need to see some comparison photos or something soon! ;)

I know that there’s no excuses – however you DO need time to get to the grocery store, and you DO need time to get your butt on the treadmill.

Everything I’m doing online is with one specific goal – to grow my business and obtain new clients… Can’t afford the healthy food without money, and right now, I’m beyond the poor house. I literally have ZERO. And the minute some money does reach me, it’s gone within a minute, already determined to pay a delinquent bill.

I have to focus on work right now… that’s all there is to it. Or I’ll have more than one wolf knocking on my door… I can already hear them howling…

Comment from Elizabeth on 1/28/2006 11:37:42 PM

OMG, Roni!!! WAY TO GO!!! You have definitely earned this!!! GOAL!!! YAYYYY!!!

No Time! – January 18, 2006

I didn’t have time to weigh in today! I needed to let you know because EVERYONE has been asking if I made it. I’ve been so busy at work it’s unbelievable. I’m going to try and get in tomorrow. I really want to know if I lost the last .6. I think I did, but you never know how those Weight Watcher scales will go! So keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck. I will update by Friday at the latest.

SOoooooooo Close! – January 11, 2006

Wow! has it been a whole week since I posted? I’m so busy the weeks are just flying by. Well today is my 29th weigh in since I started and I’m .6 lbs from goal! I can’t believe it. I did it! Made it to the 140′s!!! OK, I should make goal next week if I just keep doing what I’m doing! Fingers are crossed.

I do want to pat myself on the back for keeping out up my workouts. That Kinetic game is Fabulous! I don’t even feel like I’m working out but by the end I’m winded and muscles are sore the next morning. I would really recommend it for anyone who has a playstation 2 and hates to workout! The interface could be better but it’s worth it for workouts.

Needless to say I haven’t had time to update much of the site. When I go shopping this weekend I will keep my eyes peeled for new products. Have a good one!

Comment from Teena on 1/15/2006 8:34:00 PM

I just looked at your pix! You are doing great! What a difference! You go, Girl!!

Christmas Gain is Now a Wash! – January 4, 2006

I lost what I gained over the holiday! That felt sooo good! I didn’t lose any ground. I’m hoping to loose the last 1.6 pounds this week to make it to 149!!!! OMG I’m so excited I can’t even begin to explain in words. I would then begin maintenance and hopefully, by March, you will be reading the web site of a new Weight Watchers lifetime member!

I found some new products I wanted to pass on. I posted them in the food finds section. I’m also working on some new recipes I hope to have them up soon.

I hope all your weigh-ins this week go well!

Comment from Jessica on 1/5/2006 2:25:00 PM

You are doing a great job – you will be a lifetimer before you know it! I love new food finds and always get good ideas from your website! Just wondering what section of grocery did you find the vitabrownies? And is Giant the grocery store where you purchased the brownies and veggie burger?

Comment from Elizabeth on 1/10/2006 4:38:00 PM

Hey, Girl! Just checking in on you! How’s the new year?

New Years Resolution – January 1, 2006

For the first time in years I don’t have to make loosing weight my Resolution! I’m so excited! But I will be making more of an effort to work out. Bill got me this game for the playstation that helps you workout! It’s great! Like a personal trainer at home and the workout are fun. So I will be trying to do one every other day at least.

I also updated my picture section. Other then that I wanted to Wish everyone a Happy New Years! Good luck on all your weight loss journeys!

Note Added on: I forgot to mentioned I did a HUGE thing yesterday for the New Year! I threw out all my “fat” clothes! It felt great!! I recommend it for anyone who has lost a significant amount on weight.

Comment from KAREN on 1/1/2006 11:55:09 AM

you are looking great!! you will have to let us all know how the playstation game goes for you- it sounds fun.

Comment from Elizabeth on 1/1/2006 10:53:00 PM

Oh that game looks like fun! I don’t have PS, but if I did…

You look great! Happy New Year!! from Elizabeth

Comment from Roni on 1/2/2006 8:02:00 AM

Thanks Guys! I did it last night. It is a lot of fun. It has it’s quirks but at least it keeps you moving and you don’t realize how much time as passed. That’s what I need in a workout. lol from Roni

Tagged with:

BlogToLose

A Community of Weight Loss Bloggers. We are here to support, cheer on, pick up and reach our goals together! Join Us!
Check out Roni's Other Sites... Just Roni | GreenLiteBites | The Unworldly Travelers | FitBloggin' | BlogToLose | SkinnyMinnyMedia