INSIGHTS

July-December 2005 Archives

7 Comments 1909 views

These posts are from my old old site.

My Christmas Present… – December 28, 2005

wasn’t good this year. I gained 1.8. I’m trying not to get down about it but its hard. That’s the biggest gain I’ve seen this journey. It’s my own fault. I didn’t track like I normally do. I wrote everything down but it was normally at the end of the day and I was trying to remember what I already ate instead of being proactive about what I was going to eat.

I’m not going to get depressed about it, I still did good and made better choices. It was Christmas, its now over and I can get back to my routine. That’s all that matters.

I hope your weigh-ins went better then mine!

Comment from Bianca on 12/30/2005 7:57:10 AM

Hey Roni I love your site it really has me motivated to lose my weight I just started WW last week and I wanted to know what kind of exercise you have been doing what did you start out doing and what are you doing now? Thank you for any info you can give me. :)

A Weigh In Story – December 21, 2005

I can’t even begin to explain how surprised I was at weigh in. I seriously got on the scale and said out loud,

"All I want to do is stay the same this week."

I baked cookies and ate a little more then normal. I even used all of my weekly allowance points for the first time in a long time. So I figured best case would be the stay the same or MAYBE be down .2 or something. Well the Weight Watchers girl say back to me…

"I have bad news, you didn’t stay the same, Your down 3 POUNDS!"

I’m like… "YOUR LYING!"

This puts me at 150.6lbs! I have never, in my adult life, weighed that little. One summer when I was doing Atkins I got down to 155 but it was to hard to keep it off and I would always creep back up to around the 165-170 mark. This is incredible! I love Weight Watchers! It is so easy now that I have been doing it so long. I still write everything down, but the good choices are just second nature!

I’m going home for the holidays, so we well see how good I am this weekend! I did good over Thanksgiving, all I can do is make the right choices. I’ll be back next week to report. Maybe not Wed but I will definitely post by the end of the week.

Oh, and I have a new favorite breakfast, Quaker Oatmeal! I love this stuff and it’s nice and warm on a cold day. Only 3 points!

Comment from Jackie on 12/22/2005 12:51:57 AM

Hi Roni!!
I love your site.
I hope you don’t mind that I used some of your text from your disclaimers to write mine, too. I just realized that I probably needed that, LOL. If it’s too close, let me know and I will fix it.
You have the CUTEST baby!
I’m proud of you for putting up pics, too.

Comment from Jackie on 12/22/2005 1:01:44 AM

Sorry! Me again. And I added you to my links, for easy access.
Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Comment from Kendra on 12/23/2005 4:08:56 PM

WOOHOO!!! I am so happy for you Roni! You are still an inspiration to me. I LOVE how you are so focused through the holidays. I actually am thinking, wow, if one person can do it, anybody can. I am getting back on track Monday. I know, so cliche, but I guess that is better than making it a New Years Resolution. Dang Girl! I am just beaming for you!!!!!

Comment from Becky on 12/26/2005 11:01:19 PM

That’s good! i have a terrible time figuring out what to eat that is low points and fine that I eat the same few things til I am sick of them..Any good ideas?

Under 5 to go! – December 14, 2005

Down 2 this week! WOW 4.6 lbs to go, I may make it by New Years!

I have to admit I didn’t eat much this week, I used to hate it when people said this, but its true, I really didn’t have time. I would find by the end of the day I would still have about 8 points left. Now the old me would have had pizza or a ton of cheese and crackers or even a huge bowl of ice cream. But the new me is having fruit and yogurt, oatmeal and vegetable soup. I guess that’s making the difference. Oh and the fact that I realized everything does NOT need cheese! ;) Like today I had my famous 5 point burger without cheese. That’s a favorite of mine, I have it somewhere in a post below but decided to add it to the dinner ideas section.

Well, I I’m off, I still have a ton of work to do, the house is a mess and Ryan is going to wake up from his nap any minute!

Comment from Mike Moorehead on 12/19/2005 9:56:00 AM

Awesome! Good Job!

50 lbs Magnet – December 8, 2005

So I went to weigh in today (a day late, but that’s another story I’ll post one my main site) expecting to maybe be down a 1/2 lb or so. I did OK, wrote everything down and just kept doing what I’ve been doing for the past 24 weeks. To my surprise, I was down 3 pounds! That makes 51.2, surpassing the 50 lb mark and getting the 50 lb magnet! I feel like celebrating but I’m way to busy. I think I’m going to go to Applebee’s this weekend to try one of their Weight Watcher meals.

Switching gears, I’ve been meaning to post this…

People who have successfully lost weight are much less likely to put the pounds back on if they continue to weigh themselves daily, a study shows.

I tried to start this conversation a little while ago by asking if it was so wrong to weigh in everyday. I like to, it makes me keep stay on track and well, it’s been working! Anyway this was in a Real Age tip newsletter I get. Here is the link to the actual tip. So maybe it’s not that wrong to hop on the scale every morning before my shower.

Comment from WL Mommy on 12/9/2005 12:19:31 AM

50 pounds!!! WAY TO GO!!! What an inspiration!!! And a total motivation for me :)

Oh, I was THRILLED when I read that study. I’m a daily weigher and proud of it (usually). Tho, I’d love to see what it feels like to be shocked at weigh in lol.

Comment from Carolyn on 12/9/2005 11:03:03 AM

Nice job! You know, when I’m in weight-loss mode, I also weigh myself every day. I think it helps you stay conscious of your goal.

Comment from dojomo on 12/9/2005 1:22:39 PM

That is awsome….

So Many Things to Tell You – November 30, 2005

OK, so I missed a week. I still weighed in and went to the meeting I just didn’t have time to post. So there is a lot to tell you. First last week I was down .8 just in time for Thanksgiving. I was happy, figuring I can go up a little over the holiday and not worry to much about it. I set my goal to stay the same. Well today I was down another .8lbs! Not to shabby for someone who snuck a sliver of apple AND pumpkin pie! I stuck to my plan, munched on lots of veggies and watched my portions during dinner. It worked! I can’t believe it!

On top of all good news I had to buy new jeans. All of mine were too baggy. So I got two new pairs of size 10’s.

Well I think that’s it. I updated my progress and my picture page. I haven’t messed with any recipes or snacks in awhile. When I do I’ll be sure to post.

Comment from Kendra on 12/1/2005 5:58:48 AM

Gread day in the morning Girl! You are doing awesome! You look great!!!!

Comment from Carolyn on 12/1/2005 9:32:10 AM

Wow! You’re looking positively THIN!

Comment from mom on 12/1/2005 12:33:46 PM

great job, veronica you look great…..

Comment from Ginette on 12/1/2005 4:08:39 PM

You look amazing and even better is that you look like you FEEL amazing. Congrats!

Comment from Elizabeth on 12/6/2005 7:02:14 PM

You look GREAT!

Weigh in Day – November 16, 2005

I’m sitting here reviewing my stats and updating the web site still a little in shock. My 21st week weigh in and I’m down 1.2lbs. Now I’ve dieted before and I lost before but I don’t think I ever stuck anything out this long and had this much success. It’s so easy to stay on plan I’m not even worried about Thanksgiving!

I am snacking on some wonderful 1 point cheese! I’m going to add it to the food finds section and then off to bed! I’m exhausted today.

Comment from Kelli on 11/19/2005 10:07:20 PM

Just thought I’d check back in on your page and WOW-I’m SO impressed! You have been doing such a great job! Keep it up; you look great!

NO Friggin’ WAY! – November 9, 2005

Ok, maybe there is something to this nursing thing? I have never been this successful at losing weight in my life and I have been trying to lose weight for for the last past 15 years. Don’t get me wrong I’ve had success before and then regained, then lost and regained. You know how it goes. But 20 straight weeks of feeling good about my eating. I have been making healthy choices and letting myself indulge now and then. Never before did it seem this easy!

OK OK, on to the good news… Down 2.8 this week! I was shocked, especially because I ate more weekly points this week then ever. Maybe I should be eating more of them.

Before weigh in I also decided to try on another pair of pants I found in my closet. Yes they were a size 10 and yes the fit! So I think 2 pair of paints makes it official… I’M A SIZE 10! WWWOOOO HOOOOooo!

I updated the progress page and added some new snacks recently. Oh and I someone emailed me this article which I thought was great! If I was going to write down everything I do, this is pretty much it.

Comment from Carolyn on 11/9/2005 2:46:32 PM

Oh – thank God you posted. I was afraid I was going to have to go on vacation not knowing if you lost this week. (But of course you did!)

Third Goal Met! – November 2, 2005

I’ve been so busy I really didn’t have time to even worry about weighing in this week. But I stuck with the plan, wrote everything down and it paid off! Down 1.6! I have officially reached pre-pregnancy weight, actually I think I may be a few pounds lighter, I really can’t remember, but I set a goal of 165, for my pre-pregnancy weight.

Only 15 pounds to go! I can’t believe it. A part of me really wants to be at goal weight by New Years, but I’m not sure how realistic that is. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing, it seems to working!

HUGE Day! – October 31, 2005

Besides being halloween, my fav holiday, I had a wonderful day on the diet front. First I decided to try on a pair of size 10’s and they fit! They fit Good! I was so comfy in them I decided to wear them to work. When I walked in my office the student aide we have on duty says "wow, you look good!"

Then I went to visit my husband at his office and three people, I know pretty well, didn’t recognize me! I mean, I worked with these people for 3 years and they had to do a double take. That felt pretty good too!

It couldn’t have come at a better time, I was starting to get a little unmotivated. I needed this little pick me up!

2 more days to weigh in, cross your fingers!

Comment from Devawn on 11/1/2005 10:59:17 AM

That’s so fantastic! Omg, I can’t wait until I can have that feeling again. Good for you. You’ve worked hard, you deserve it!!

Back on Track – October 26, 2005

Well, I weighed in today and I wore the SAME jeans. I was determined to defeat them! It worked! I’m down 2.6 lbs this week. That’s a total of 41 and I received my 7th gold star to stick on my bookmark. All you weight watchers people know what I’m talking about. ;)

I’ve been really busy and I apologize for not posting more. I plan on revisiting my virtual model to see what it look like now. Hopefully I’ll get that up in the next few days. I did update my picture the other day and just uploaded the update to my progress page. I know some people are waiting for my updates every Wed so I at least try to get that up as soon as possible (Carolyn LOL).

Gotta run!

Comment from Jenn K on 10/27/2005 5:24:21 PM

Great job on the loss this week Roni! :)

Am I slipping?? – October 19, 2005

Oh No! My first weigh in where I gained! Only .4 but enough to scare me in thinking I’m slipping. I have to admit, I ate more flex points and got a little more lax this past week. I ate candy for the first time in months, must be the halloween thing. In my defense, I also wore jeans for the first time during a weigh in. Does anyone know how much jeans weigh?? Anyway, I’m not going to let it get me down.

Comment from Carolyn on 10/20/2005 7:51:31 AM

Jeans weigh 6 pounds. :)

Comment from Roni on 10/20/2005 8:24:03 AM

WWHHHOOoooo HHHHhhhoooo 6lbs!! LOL

Comment from Kendra on 10/21/2005 6:00:29 PM

Oh yeah! It was definitely the jeans! Most especially if you don’t normally weigh in in jeans. I wear the same thing every week, roflol, guess I will look funny wear capri’s in the Winter. lol I will have to get up the courage to wear heavier clothes for the winter and eat a small gain. You are doing awesome girl!!!

Comment from peter on 10/22/2005 4:50:58 AM

Im so confused about this

Comment from peter on 10/22/2005 4:59:24 AM

I think f one looks at whats happening, for example brace the issue so that making people over wieght., only then changes happen. Australian is the same as the USA, we have same problems of obesity. Its consumer society….Be stong people, we have to de programme

Comment from Jenn K on 10/25/2005 7:08:17 PM

Hi Roni! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow. You look GREAT!!!! Visit me at http://odds.kentoppkuntry.com

16 Weeks Down And A Lifetime To Go – October 12, 2005

Well today was weigh in day. I posted another loss of 1.6 lbs but I also hit a milestone in the Weight Watchers world. I made it through 16 weeks and received my first charm for my 10% key chain. It symbolizes my determination. Pretty cheesy I know, but pretty cool at the same time. There is something to be said about being recognized for your achievements. I think that’s one of the reasons I really enjoy Weight Watchers and attending meetings. So a recap of the last 16 weeks…

• Starting Weight – 206.8
  • 168 lbs at 16 week weigh in
  • I have posted a loss each week
  • Lowest weight loss for a week .4 lbs
  • Highest weight loss in a week 6.4 lbs
  • Average Weekly loss 2.56 lbs

Not too shabby if I do say so myself. I must admit, I’m proud of my success so far.

OK, let’s get off the self glorification. LOL

I found a little snack today I wanted to pass on. Remember Fruit Roll-ups? I used to love them as a kid. Well, I found a healthy version today called Fruit Leather. It’s all natural, and the ingredient listed only fruit! Only 1 point and satisfies a sweet craving. Anyway, just thought I’d share.

HELLO 160’s!! – October 5, 2005

I just squeaked into the 160’s this weigh in! Down 2 pounds for a total of 37. I’m not going to say I can’t believe it again, even though I really can’t.

On the food front, I found these wonderful cereal bars that I can’t get enough of. Unfortunately Kellogs.com hasn’t added them to their web site so I can’t link to them. But I’ve seen them at Target and Weis. They are called All Bran Brown Sugar and Cinnamon bars. Only 2 points and wonderful! They kind of taste like a cinnamon rice crispy bar.

I also added a new snack recipe even though it could be an entire meal! Enjoy!

Comment from Carolyn on 10/5/2005 4:19:33 PM

Yay, you! Ya know I obsessively check this website on Wednesday afternoons to see how you did. Ask Bill – I’m sure he thinks I’m a dork.

Comment from MOM on 10/7/2005 10:57:45 AM

great job!!!! you are really close to your goal weight….

Comment from Lara on 10/8/2005 8:20:23 PM

I.
AM.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
P~R~O~U~D!!
OF.
YOU!!!!!!!!!

Down Again?!? – September 28, 2005

OK, someone pinch me! I’m down 1.6 this week, total of 35 pounds in 14 weeks. I really can’t believe it.

The baby’s a little fussy today so I gotta run. I’m going to try and update some other areas of the site today. I just made a huge salad and I want to post the recipe.

Comment from La on 10/3/2005 9:41:57 PM

Alright chicky, you’re just kicking TOO MUCH ASS! ;) (You know I’m kidding, I think you’re freaking awesome!) I’m so proud of you sweetie!! :)

HUGE NSV – September 26, 2005

For those of you who don’t know online diet short hand, NSV stands for Non-Scale Victory. Which is basically celebrating a weight loss milestone that has nothing to do with the numbers on the scale. Anyway, I had one today.

I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I stopped wearing when I was about 3 months pregnant. They are a size 12, which is what I was wearing before I got pregnant. Well to my surprise I could get them on! Not only could get them on but they are wearable! Cause you know us chubby chicks say we can get something on but that doesn’t necessarily mean we would wear it outside of the house. It just means we can pull them over our hips. lol – Anyway, I went to try these on and not only can I pull them over my hips I was able to button them as well and they didn’t squish all my belly fat over the waistline! You know what I mean!

This is huge! Coming from someone who has been as big as an 18 and as small as a 10, this is getting close to my ideal size which I believe is a 8 or 10!

Just thought I’d share. I also found some new products that I will be posting as soon as I get a chance. So stop back.

Comment from MOM on 9/26/2005 5:12:55 PM

GREAT JOB!!!!
I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT…

WOW I Can’t Believe It! – September 21, 2005

Seriously it is too good to be true! I went to weigh in today and I again, I really thought, maybe I was down about 1/2 pound. To my surprise I was down 2.6!! I’m still a little shocked.

I’ve been getting a lot of emails asking how I’m doing it. I really don’t have time to post my tracker so please don’t ask. I will be completely honest. I eat mostly core foods but follow flex. If you aren’t following weight watchers that pretty much means I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, whole grains and lean meats, but I count Weight Watchers points for everything. I try not to use my flex points unless I absolutely have to. And I don’t track activity points, but that’s because I’m really not exercising except for my daily walks with the family. I hope that helps those of you who are trying to loose.

I plan on taking an updated picture section soon. Maybe tomorrow if I have a min, so check back.

Comment from katie on 9/22/2005 10:20:45 AM

you look great…i’ve been losing 1.5 lbs per week on average. you are a great inspiration.

Weigh In Story – September 15, 2005

OK I promised I would write more today now that I have a little more time. So, Let me tell you what happened when I weighed In yesterday.

I’m all proud of myself! I lost 1.8 this week for a total of 31 pounds in 11 weeks. Not too shabby! I’ve been working my butt off, staying OP and walking every night.

So at the end of the meeting I let the leader know so I can get my 5 pound star (I love those! Cheesy I know) and the women behind me says “Let’s be honest here, she’s nursing.”

I was insulted! She just negated my accomplishment because I’M NURSING?!? What is that suppose to mean? I told her I eat 34 points a day and that’s OP for me.

I guess I could be overreacting but I though the meetings were for motivation, not to make someone feel like they shouldn’t be happy for their loss.

Anyway, I don’t want to spend anymore time thinking about it.

I did make a real quick stir-fry today I thought I’d share. I put it on the dinner ideas page.

Comment from gina on 9/15/2005 2:39:27 PM

hi, was reading your message board and decided to check out your site.. as for the woman at w.w. she was out of line, she had no business doing that we go there for motivation not negetivity..

Comment from Carolyn on 9/15/2005 3:37:35 PM

What a jerk. I’ll kick her ass.

Comment from Sharon on 9/16/2005 3:16:40 PM

I’m just curious — what was the WW Leader’s response to the statement?

Comment from Kelli on 9/20/2005 11:00:26 PM

Way to go!!!! Seriously! I’m nursing too and it is still EXTREMELY difficult for me to stay OP. Keep up the great work!

Comment from marisa on 9/25/2005 9:58:41 PM

Hi, I am new. Just started and I am doing 24 pts per day. I am nursing also, but I saw you were doing 34 each day. I was wondering if you could give me any more info on this. By the way thanks for all your info. This site is really great and you are a real inspiration! You look great!!!

Sincerely,
Marisa

Down Again! – September 14, 2005

I don’t have much time, my mom is visting, but I lost 1.8 this week! That makes 31lbs total! I updated the progress page and will write more tomorrow.

I’m Back, With GOOD News – September 8, 2005

Well, it’s 11pm and I just got back. I’ve been waiting to post my update because I have wonderful news!! I lost 2.4 lbs AND reached my next goal. I’m not sure what I’ll make a new goal yet, but I think it’s an important thing to do. My ultimate stills seems so far away so unless I have these small benchmarks, I don’t think I feel like I accomplish anything. I like to make the goals something a little more interesting then just a number, it’s more fun that way. Any Ideas? I’m thinking 1/2 way to my ultimate goal?

Comment from ruth on 9/9/2005 8:03:24 AM

good for you. especialy with your post of feeling discouraged, this accomplishment must be all the sweeter – AND, it’s really inspiring to me: I am totally in the groove now, but am slightly afraid of falling out of the groove. I know that life can throw curve balls, and when they hit it’s harder to keep on track with lots of things – including prioritizing healthy eating/living because it takes TIME… anyhow, thank you for inspiring me!

Comment from La on 9/9/2005 7:21:18 PM

how about a fitness oriented goal? like, say, working your way up to walking 60 mins a day or something like that?

personally, i think if we focus too much on the numbers, we lose sight of what our true goals are – getting healthier and building on habits to keep that weight off!

Comment from Elizabeth on 9/9/2005 10:41:48 PM

WAY TO GO!! 1/2 mark is a great idea! That’s my next goal too… and I’m 2lbs away! Good luck!

Comment from Jackie on 9/26/2005 3:55:39 PM

LOLOL – What a bitch that lady is!! lol – Pure Jealousy!! Way to go – you look great!

Going to Weigh In – September 7, 2005

I just decided that after my Weight Watchers meeting I would be leaving for my mom’s in PA. So I will not be able to post the results until tomorrow. Again I’m not sure how it will go. I think I’m down about a pound, but we’ll see. Wish me luck and check for my update Thursday night!

Comment from Carolyn on 9/8/2005 10:36:45 AM

Well, I heard it was good news. :)

Feeling Down – September 2, 2005

I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ve been feeling pretty down about the weight loss thing. I’m not sure why, but I can feel the motivation slowly leaking out of my body. I went from gung ho to ho hum. I haven’t pigged out or anything and I’m still staying in my point range but I’m not making the best choices. Before if I was hungry I would have yogurt and fruit or I would actually make a salad. Now I reach for the pudding or low fat ice cream.

I keep trying to rationalize in my head, "I lost 26 pounds, that’s good, keep it up and you will reach goal" but the response in my head is "who cares, I’m just going to have to count points for the rest of my life, I will never be able to maintain anyway, so just give up now." What a horrible attitude. But I guess everyone has those days, or weeks, right?

Anyway in honor of my bad mood I designed another t-shirt. It seems to be the complete opposite of my Losin’ Weight & Feelin’ Great attitude. I guess I’m on that diet Rollercoaster and right now I’m on the dip before the big loopty loop.

Comment from La on 9/4/2005 7:21:12 PM

Oh sweetie! You won’t believe this, but the first time I would look back and say that I had a very successful streak on WW, I hit the 25/26 lb gone mark and THE SAME EXACT THING happened to me!

I struggled to get another 8 pounds off, over about 2 months, but once I hit that 33 lb mark, you’d think I completely forgot everything… PLEASE don’t let that happen to you!! I don’t care what it takes, do whatever you have to in order to relocate that motivation!! Because if you allow yourself to slip out of your range of acceptable behavior for too long, I’m promising you that you’ll continue until all the weight is back and then some!

I know that sounds harsh, but I read your post and freaked a bit because it’s exactly how I felt at the exact same time in my progress… and I would absolutely HATE to see that happen to you!!

And first and foremost – stay AWAY from the JS jeans!!!!! ;)

Comment from Brad on 9/5/2005 3:50:49 PM

Hang in there Roni!

I totally know how you feel. About a year ago, I had lost 20 pounds, and was feeling great about myself.

Then I started to slip, I graduated school, my lifestyle changed and down the slope I fell (gianed 30 pounds). A year later, I look back and think “What I wouldn’t give to be there again”.

Just keep in the front of your mind what an accomplishment you have made, and know that the best is yet to come.

– brad
www.bradlife.com

An OK Weigh In – August 31, 2005

OK, I can’t complain. I’m down a pound and I have recorded a negative loss for the last 9 weeks. But I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I’ve been posting such big losses, I kind of got used to it. I also have to admit I haven’t been following dairy requirement as closely this week as I was before. Which I should be considering I’m a women and I’m nursing. So I’m going to up my dairy servings and see how that helps me out next week.

But like I said, I can’t complain. My progress so far has been phenomenal. I updated my progress page and looking at my graph still makes me smile. :) But I still have a ways to go.

Is It So Wrong? – August 29, 2005

Is it really so wrong to watch the scale? All the weight loss articles I see say to only weigh yourself once a week, not every day. I totally disagree. If I don’t weigh myself every morning I don’t feel right. Is it obsessive? Maybe. Do I see fluctuations? Yes. But I understand I should see ups and downs and I don’t let it get to me. I don’t have the patience to wait until the end of the week to see what is happening with all my hard work.

Plus my scale is totally off from Weight Watchers, so I always get a huge bonus when I go to weigh in for ‘real’. My scale has been anywhere from 1-3 pounds higher then theirs.

Do you weigh yourself everyday?

Comment from Kelli on 8/30/2005 7:34:03 AM

hi. First, answer to this-no, I do not weigh myself every day. I don’t want to see the week’s cummulative results until I weigh in each week. For some reason it’s more exciting and like a game to me that way. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello though. I saw your comments on the ww board and then checked out your awesome website (which I love!). It was cracking me up a bit because we seem to have a lot in common. I am a ww, 31, have a 2-month old (girl) and live in DC. Funny, huh? Oh, and I think I may try going to Reel Moms today. Just thought I’d say hello. Oh, and one more thing, I think you said you’re originallly from PA. Me too!

Holy Moley! – August 24, 2005

No friggin’ way! I’m down 2.2 lbs!! Yet another week with a loss. I can’t believe it I’m ecstatic! Not only that but I hit the 25 lb mark! Here is my magnet from Weight Watchers.

I never thought a stupid little magnet would mean so much to me, but it does.

To celebrate I went to McDonald’s. Now, I know what you thinking, but your wrong! I’ve created a new fast food trick! I brought a 100 cal pack of Wheat Thins to have as a side to my Classic Grilled Chicken no mayo. Now if you are like me the sandwich just isn’t enough. You’re so programmed to have the sandwich and the fries and I really didn’t want to splurge on the fires. So the Wheat Thins gave me a crunch I can have with my sandwich. Top it off with a water and you have a quick 9 point lunch. Not too bad for a MickeyD’s trip!

OK, I’m off. Still can’t believe it. Good luck to everyone else who is weighing in this week!

Comment from Carolyn on 8/25/2005 8:14:32 AM

Yay! I’m starting my diet on Sunday. How many points in Miller Lite?

Comment from Roni on 8/25/2005 8:31:53 AM

Carolyn – LMAO – there are 2 point per miller lite, I think. This might curve your happy hours! lol

Comment from Elizabeth on 8/25/2005 11:22:07 AM

Way to go!!!

And, I think that’s an incredible system for McDonald’s. With a system like that, I just might not have to boycott it anymore!

Comment from Carolyn on 8/25/2005 12:41:11 PM

Damn. I guess I’ll just have to give up food altogether. It’ll be all Miller Lite all the time.

Nervous About Tomorrow – August 23, 2005

Well tomorrow is weigh day for week 8 and I stayed on plan again but for some reason I’m not as confident. It’s like I’m waiting for the week I gain because I know it has to happen sooner or later. That’s a horrible attitude but I can’t help it. I mean how long can I keep posting these losses?!? All I can do is wait and see. Wish me luck, again!

Comment from Jess on 8/24/2005 9:09:47 AM

I’m sure you will be fine! I weigh in on Wednesday mornings and when I get to work I always check your update to see how you did! I am starting week 9 – so we started about the sametime!! Your website it awesome!

Comment from Jess on 8/24/2005 9:48:28 AM

Forgot to congratulate you on your weight loss so far. You are doing GREAT!

I Just Made the Best Burger Ever – August 20, 2005

Bill and I took Ryan and Rudy on a nice 3 mile hike today and when we returned all I could think about was a juicy burger on the grill. I keep 3 oz patties in the freezer just for this type of occasion. So I threw one of the grill and got all the fixings ready.

First, I LOVE the Healthy Life whole wheat bun and it only weighs in at 1 point! Second, I stack the bun with spinach instead of lettuce for a little extra nutrition, fresh tomato slices, and a couple of No Sugar Added Bread & Butter Chips. Add the medium rare patty, squirt with a little catsup and add some black pepper! MMMmmm MMMmmmm So good and only 5 POINTS! I added a little salad with my own olive oil dressing for about a point and there I had one of the most satisfying lunches ever for 6 points!

Try it sometime!

Comment from Elizabeth on 8/21/2005 11:11:41 AM

Oooooh that sounds sooooo yummy :) I miss burgers! My vegan burgers just aren’t cutting it *lol*

Comment from Becky on 8/22/2005 9:09:58 AM

That does sound wonderful!! Do you use a scale to weight your meat? I think that will be next on my shopping list.

Comment from srmc on 8/22/2005 3:11:51 PM

What a neat idea. I may have to try that sometime.

srmc
www.dreamsofnyssa-imlosingit.blogspot.com

Another Great Weigh In! – August 17, 2005

I can’t believe it! I’m down 3.4 pounds! It’s not possible. I feel like I’ve been cheating, I have popcorn and ice cream almost every night! But I always track my points and I never go over. I guess that’s the trick. Wow, I’m so excited I don’t know what to say. I updated my progress page and still can’t believe the graph.

I have decided on my next mini goal, I was looking at how many pounds I still need to go compared to what I lost and I notice they are slowing coming together. DUH?!? Anyway, I still have more to go then I’ve lost. I want those numbers to reverse. I want to have less to go then I’ve already gone. I’m sure other geeks understand what I’m saying. ;)

Comment from Lindsay on 8/19/2005 11:03:09 PM

Just ran into your site surfin’ the net.. I am going to join WW the first week of September. Seeing your progress really is motivating to me! :) I have lost 60 after having a baby but am still at 189.. I need more struture to get the last 40 or so gone… Keep up the good work girl! & congrats on your little handsome man!
Lindsay

Comment from Elizabeth on 8/21/2005 11:10:31 AM

3.4lbs is incredible!!! Way to go!! :) (www.weightlossmommy.com)

Afraid to Eat?? – August 15, 2005

Well I got back from the beach the other day. Boy I had a blast! But I noticed something, I’m, all of a sudden, afraid to eat. This is a strange turn of events for me. Normally I would have the, "Oh screw it, I’m on vacation" attitude, but I’ve been doing so good and the weight is coming off, I didn’t really want to screw it up. Don’t get me wrong, I still had my treats, I just made much smarter decisions. Instead of ice cream I had yogurt, instead of noodles I had an extra ear of corn, stuff like that. Over all I think I did pretty good, I guess we will find out on Wed weight in. Wish me luck!

Comment from PAT on 8/16/2005 1:01:47 PM

You can do it! Good luck at your weigh in!

hugs

pat

10% Goal Met – YA! – August 9, 2005

It’s a day before my normal Weigh In but I’m on my way to the beach and I didn’t want to miss a meeting. So I squeezed it in this morning and to my suprise…. I LOST 3.2 LBS!! To make a total of 20.2 AND met my first goal of 10%. It was great I got my key chain and everyone clapped. I feel so good. Just in time to go to the beach! So I gotta run and pack, just wanted to share before I left! Gosh, I Love Weight Watchers!

Comment from la on 8/13/2005 1:58:54 PM

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats, girl! That’s fantastic!

(_/_) ~ (_|_) ~ (_\_)

It’s the happy booty dance! :)

Fantastic job – keep it up!

Calling All Chocoholics!! – August 8, 2005

I have found the most richest, creamiest, guilty pleasure ever! AND it only costs you 1 point.

Keebler Fudge Shoppe® – Fudge Pops, I can’t believe how good they are. I think they are new there isn’t much info on them except for a listing on the manufacturers page. I got them at Weis Markets, if you have them by you. I just had to share!

I Love Grocery Shopping – August 7, 2005

I know, I’m weird. But there is something about finding good food and preparing for the week that’s rewarding. I take pride in looking at my cart with all the healthy produce and lean meats. Of course it gets ruined with the addition of my husband’s potato chips and soda, but I know I won’t be eating that stuff. I especially love shopping after a weekend of not so wise choices. My best friend had a party on saturday and I knew I was going to have a hard time staying on plan. I did a better then I expected by successfully saying no to chips and brownies and stuck with meatballs and beans. Plus I only had 1/2 of a beer! I think I stayed in my point range but I didn’t really track. I guess we’ll see any damage done on Wednesday during weigh in time!

Comment from Sheila O on 8/8/2005 11:41:22 AM

Roni – Just found you site. I’m gearing up to go to Weight Watchers tomorrow. Wish me luck. I just hope I can do it. Yikes!

Down 1.6 for Week 5! – August 3, 2005

I had my 5 week weigh in today and another loss! I can’t believe it, this makes a total of 17 pounds! Only 3 more to make it to my first goal!

I’ve updated my progress page and I’m working on a new food ideas section that has some of my snack and meal ideas.

I’m going to cut this entry short since the baby had me up every three hours last night and I’m ready for a nap!

I Love Hot Dogs! – August 1, 2005

Why didn’t anyone tell me this?!? Hebrew National makes a 97% fat free hot dog? I was a HUGE Hebrew National hot dog fan, but weighing in at 4 points a piece I stayed away. Now I can enjoy hot dogs and beans again without too much worry about points! Sorry, just had to share.

Comment from Chris G. on 8/6/2005 9:25:52 PM

Just found you site and
I rate it AWESOME. I am
going to look for those
hot dogs and will pass the info to my ww friends.

Death to Atkins? – July 31, 2005

I heard the news today that Atkins will be declaring bankruptcy. I can’t believe it. I remember just a little while EVERYTHING was low carb. I was on that bandwagon and I lost weight, but it was way to hard to stay with it for me. I found myself obsessing over carbs so much so I would have an anxiety attack if my friends wanted to go to a pizza shop! That’s why I like the point system so much better. I can eat what I want and still stay on plan. It’s fabulous!

I did learn a lot from that diet and I apply what I learned to my eating choices to this day. I am way more sugar conscience now, which is good. I truly believe the plan works if you stick with it just didn’t work for me long term.

Comment from Sue G. on 7/31/2005 10:13:38 PM

I couldn’t stick to Atkins either! I lost like 25 pounds but it came right back.

What’s the Deal with Outback? – July 29, 2005

Bill wants to go out to eat tonight, which, believe me, I welcome. Coming up with dinner ideas is getting old. Anyway he want to go to outback which is ok with me. So I hit the web to research their nutrition information so I can calculate my points for dinner tonight. Well I discovered that Outback doesn’t publish this information. According to this site they don’t want to "… make nutritional claims about our menu items." I wonder why? Is it because it’s so horrible bad they don’t want to advertise it?

Of course I found sites that estimate point values for their menu items, including healthdiscovery.net and dwlz.com. But of course they don’t match because Outback doesn’t publish nutritional information!

I will use my best judgment and calculate my own points, but seriously what’s the deal with Outback?

The Virtual ME! – July 27, 2005

While creating this new area on my web site and surfing the web looking for inspiration, I came across My Virtual Model. What a cool site! The point of the site is to create a model of yourself so you can virtually try on clothes. Well, I think it works better as a motivator for the desperate dieter. I simply typed in my current weight and my goal weight, here are the results…

I’m sure you can guess the one of the left is me now and the right is my goal. Now I’m first to admit that the left doesn’t exactly look like me, well maybe a little, but add some really nasty stretch marks on the belly and a few more rolls. On the flip side, if I end up looking like the model on the right after a little hard work and sweat, GOD will it be worth it!

Comment from Chrissy on 7/27/2005 4:40:03 PM

I just joined WW! I hope to do as well as you.

Comment from Lara on 7/28/2005 10:36:59 PM

Thanks for popping in on my site! I appreciate your kind words and encouragement! I’ve done some thinking lately (while I was out of town stuffing my face) and I feel like I’m ready to really start working on rediscovering myself on this journey o’ mine. :)

Thanks again!

Week 4 – Down 2.6! – July 27, 2005

As I said on my main blog I’m down 2.6 for a total of 15.4 pounds! This is my new Weight Watchers section, where I plan on documenting my Weight Watchers Journey. I’ve added a few sections, including my goals, my weight chart and a pictorial journal of my weight loss. Hopefully this will help me reach my goals, all we can do is wait and see. Wish me luck and I’ll keep you posted.

Weight Watchers Week 3 – July 19, 2005

Well I didn’t plan on making this a weight watchers blog but it’s about the only thing I do since I’m not working or taking any classes. Anyway, this week went 100 times better! DOWN 6.4 pounds! That’s a total of 12.8 pound in three weeks! I can’t believe it.

This week will be a test of willpower since we are heading to the jersey shore tomorrow. My goal is just not to gain anything. We’ll see, that boardwalk pizza and Kohrs bros ice cream is kinda hard to resist!

Weight Watchers Week 2 – July 13, 2005

Ok, not good but not bad news either, at least I didn’t gain anything. I was really disappointed at my second week weigh in, only down .4 points, that’s right, POINT 4. That’s like a pair of socks, isn’t it? Anyway, I thought the whole breastfeeding things would “melt the pounds away”, that’s what everyone said. Hopefully next week will go better, wish me luck.

Weight Watchers Week 1 – July 8, 2005

Most people know I’m slightly weight obsessed. Well being pregnant has put me back to my all time highest weight. I’m not that depressed about it considering the little gift I got from gaining all of it! Anyway, as soon as I could I joined Weight Watchers and I finished my first week yesterday. Happy to say I was down 6lbs! For a total of 38 since Ryan was born. It will be a long journey but I’m up for it. I may add a Weight Watchers section tracking my progress and sharing recipes, especially since a few people I know are also following the same diet. We’ll see.